Chapter 31 : Responsibility

Seeing that his boss was sent flying, the main goon had a look of disbelief as he shouted "What the fuck is going on?!"

Immediately after that, Meliodas appeared in front of him, sending a palm strike on his forehead as he backflipped several times in a comedic fashion from the tremendous force of Meliodas' blow and rendering him unconscious.

Three seconds after landing rather roughly on the cold hard ground, Golg sat back up, eyes bloodshot from anger with his gaze fixed on Meliodas.

"YOU! YOU REALLY WANNA DIE THAT BADLY HUH? BRAT!" Golg yelled.

After his exclamation, Golg immediately stood up and then pounced on Meliodas, arms stretched out as he tried to grab him and crush him whole.

Meliodas crouched low enough to avoid Golg's massive arms that was attempting to grab him, then sent a huge blow to Golg's stomach as the latter coughed up a mouthful amount of blood. His attack didn't stop there, not giving Golg enough time to get his bearings, Meliodas spun 360 degrees and then sent a kick to the side of his opponent's head.

With his face a bit disfigured and was on the verge of losing his consciousness. Golg managed to surprise Meliodas a bit when the moment he was about to faceplant into the stone floor once again, he planted one of his palm on the ground in an attempt to remain standing.

The skill [Berserk] may give him a temporary increase in strength when he receives damage but there is a limit on how much damage his body can take before it gave out. 

Meliodas also has experience in fighting people with similar abilities, knowing that this fight may go on much longer if he just kept idling about and letting his opponent power up, Meliodas broke the classic trope of typical animes and shows of letting their opponents power up by sending a chop on Golg's neck, robbing him of his consciousness.

Despite getting beaten up pretty badly just a minute ago, Tristan was still able to witness Meliodas' feats, so after seeing him taking out Golg so easily, he couldn't help but be gobsmacked at the scene playing out before him.

Before Tristan was about to say something, Meliodas silenced him by raising his right hand and said "Help will come soon, I alerted some patrol guards earlier, though I am kinda surprised they are taking too long to arrive here"

Hearing this Tristan sighed in relief, he barely knew anything about the boy in front of him but he felt that he was someone he could trust and the fact that he saved his life already gave him a positive impression of him.

Tristan was about to thank him when a wave of pain erupted throughout his body, he could barely move and all he could do is grunt and endure until help arrives.

"I didn't bring any potions, sorry about that, so don't go dying on me" Meliodas says.

Immediately after that, an azure-haired woman walked in along with some armored patrol guards, seeing the scene of more than several people lying on the ground, some grunting in pain while some were unconscious, the azure-haired woman immediately got a painful headache when he saw who the sole person that was still standing in the pile of bodies.

"Kid, you have a knack of attracting trouble, I'll give you that" Shakti says.

Raising his hands and laying it behind his back, Meliodas said "Hey, I was just passing by until I heard sounds of people ganging up on someone, they seem to be typical bad guys with their evil monologues, so I put a stop to it before they could kill him and I did alert one of your men beforehand, you guys just took too long"

Shakti then turned her head and looked towards the same guard named Modaka or Midaku, no one really remembers his name so it doesn't really matter, this was the same guard that Meliodas alerted and seeing his captain looking at him, he knew she was looking for confirmation, so he nodded his head in response.