Chapter 36 : Confrontation

The [Argonaut] skill was activated and this time, the white glow appeared on the [Vestal Lostvayne].

With the Gorilla approaching, Bell readied himself to attack.

So what if it used a different fighting style, so what if it changed attack patterns, so what if it has intelligence, it doesn't change the fact that he had to take this monster down.

The change in attack pattern caught Bell off guard and got hit but that doesn't mean this battle is gonna go on a different path.

The gorilla grabbed something and threw at it towards Bell but dodged it and when he got close, the monster was about to send a kick when a horizontal slash of white light cut off its leg cleanly.

The monster roared in pain, lost its balance and got knocked down when Bell jumped up punched it straight in the stomach then its back landed on the cold hard floor.

It doesn't matter if the attack pattern changed, the battle just ended just like that when Bell landed on top its body and struck the part on where the magic crystal is located.

All is said and done and the monster turned into black ash and disappeared. But before it died, the look in its eyes wasn't despair nor insanity like other monsters but it was.. relief and satisfaction?

Bell didn't think much of it and the color of his eyes changed.

Tristan was about to say something to Bell but when he turned his head to look at where he was, he seemingly disappeared from the spot that he was standing a second ago.

Tristan was confused.

In a dark place somewhere, a tall and muscular figure stood in the shadows, despite his large build, it was very difficult for anyone to see or notice where he was hiding.

With his usual stoic face, he slowly turned his head when someone appeared behind him and doesn't seem to be surprised.

The person was basically nearly half Ottar's height and the height difference looked comical but the atmosphere around them was as tense as it could be.

The person that appeared behind Ottar had white hair and even though it was difficult to see because it was a bit dark, he had jade-green eyes wielding a sheathed black short sword.

The moment he appeared, there were also several shadows that showed up just a few seconds later and landed on rooftops and surrounded him with black cloaks that hid their body and face.

But the white-haired boy didn't flinch one bit, almost like he anticipated their arrival and just completely ignored them.

Mainly because the mountain of a man in front of him, he just... can't let his guard down around him and doesn't have the luxury to pay attention to the others.

Fortunately Ottar was the only executive from the Freya Familia present, otherwise the white-haired boy wouldn't show himself like this.

Meliodas just stood there and stared at Ottar with a serious look, he doesn't know if it was a good decision to confront them or not, but Meliodas could tell that Ottar didn't have any hostility towards him, even though he could sense that Ottar was the strongest person he encountered so far.

(Meliodas, was this really a good idea) Bell said with a shaky voice and if he were the one operating the body, he would sweating bullets right about now. 

He didn't know if these stalkers were friend or foe, he could feel the intense pressure from encountering their stalkers head on, he didn't know what Meliodas was thinking but could only put his trust in him.