Chapter 33 : Liliruca Arde

Bell was strong enough to hold his own in the middle floors but he needed party members to efficiently dive in the lower floors of the dungeon, it was fine soloing the upper floors but the middle floors were different.

Because traversing the depths of the dungeon needed time, proper equipment, increased storage for magic stones, potions and navigating the dungeon floors properly.

The fact that they have to carry tons of items like potions, food and the magic stones from when they kill monsters which can get in the way of fighting if they have to keep carrying those around. 

What they needed the most right now was a supporter.

As Bell and Welf were deciding whether to have more party members, they heard a little girl calling out to them. They couldn't see her face because it was covered perhaps purposely.

"Hey Mr. Adventurers, do you need a supporter?" says a little girl, who surprisingly has a huge backpack that was several times larger than herself.

Because of the increased security of Orario, the adventurers that have been abusing Lili in the past have pacified a bit and some bad apples were even apprehended. Though she still suffered mistreatment, it was not to the extent as she did in the original story, she made steady albeit slow profit and rarely steals from adventurers anymore because she didn't want to implicate herself.

Because her own familia members don't even know of her existence and even her own familia's captain thought she died long ago. She had experienced some temporary freedom, a feeling despite feeling anxious that her past will come back crawling to haunt her, she felt relieved and had a sense of freedom that she thought she lost long ago, unlike anything she felt in the past, making a living from being a supporter and living with the old couple that she currently stays in.

She chose her adventurers carefully, hoping they wouldn't made things difficult for her. Because of the way she lived, she developed an astute and a sharp mindset. She analyzes adventurers that she thinks she can get along with while making the most profit.

When she saw Bell, he had some sort of aura that made him seem approachable and kind while also emanating a vigilant aura that made her feel that he was somewhat experienced despite looking like a complete novice.

He was more than perfect for her preferences and approached him, hoping that he would accept her offer. 

Bell was already on the eighth floor, fighting against a group of Killer Ants while Lili fired her crossbow at targets along the periphery. 

Welf was preparing to take action in case they get overwhelmed. 

However, this preparation ended up being unnecessary since Bell was making short work over every Killer Ant in front of him.

Lili was shocked that the seemingly harmless boy that she randomly partied up with was so fierce when it comes with fighting, a huge incongruity with his personality.

Welf's expression was indifferent like he witnessed this scene many times.

Lili felt like the boy she had been tasked to support was some kind of prodigy... As a pair of razor-sharp mandibles made their way towards his calf, Bell skillfully moved his leg backward while allowing his body to tilt forward from the movement. 

He buried his dagger right next to where the magic core of the Killer Ant was located, not because he had 'missed', but because he intended to use his dagger as a pivot to vault over the unfortunate monster. 

Following through with this maneuver, Bell ended up flipping over the Killer Ant, but not before he twisted his dagger and fractured the magic core, causing the Killer Ant to disperse into purple dust before he inverted his dagger, twisting his body around to decapitate another.