Chapter 38 : Change

The word of the Sword Princess' level up spread throughout Orario and Bell took it upon himself to visit the guild and see the announcement board, a picture of Ais was shown as well as the time it took for her to level up as well as the number of monsters she slayed.

Words of praise can be heard about the Sword Princess and Bell clenched his fist tightly, wondering when is he gonna reach this level one day, it may take a long time but he believed that along with Meliodas' guidance, he too would reach this level one day.

The timing between the Sword Princess' level up and the Loki Familia's expedition was perfect timing too as they announced that they would go on a expedition a week later.

Bell could hear whispers between adventurers about what floor would they reach this time as they are the best exploration type familia in Orario in this generation.

In an area, somewhere on the east side of Orario, Bell requested a spar with Tristan which the latter agreed.

Both of their main weapons were short-swords, so for their duel, the weapon they used was their sheathed main weapon. Bell has [Vestal Lostvayne] while Tristan has his own short-sword named [Path Carver].

The moment they both tightened the grip on their weapon, at the same time, they both charged at each other. There were certain conditions or rules that they agreed before they began their duel. First was that they were not able to use magic or skills and the second was whoever can make the other fall on the ground wins.

They ran towards at each other, the distance between them were getting narrower until their weapons finally clashed as sparks were flying out of them.

Both of their hands were shaking for a while until Tristan swerved his weapon at an angle that made Bell fall forward, using his opponent's own momentum against him.

Of course, Bell reacted fast and planted his foot on the ground to avoid falling but this put him in an awkward and vulnerable stance. Sensing the opportunity, Tristan sent a strike but Bell blocked it with his weapon but the force of Tristan's blow sent Bell sliding backwards several inches away.

This was the problem that Bell had with just training with Meliodas, he couldn't bring any weapons with him in the soul realm.

In the battles he had with Meliodas, it was always a hand to hand combat scenario. So you could say that Bell has no fighting experience against an opponent with a weapon.

Meliodas would spend most the time teaching Bell how to fight monsters and their weaknesses, which he prioritized at the beginning but now that the Supreme Deity is here, Meliodas knew they would eventually clash and he needed to teach Bell how to fight against other adventurers.

But if this were a weaponless duel, it would be a different story.

Tristan is a level 2 but can level up to 3 anytime he wants but withheld his promotion until he raise his stats a bit more.

In essence, they both are probably almost equal in terms of stats but it is evident that Tristan has the advantage with his superior experience.

Tristan sensed this and this was what Meliodas wants Bell to experience as well.

But Tristan was confused, he saw him fight against that variant Silverback Gorilla and it looked like he knew what he was doing but when they clashed just now, it felt like Bell was a newbie with no experience in fighting other people.

'Is he that type of adventurer?' Tristan thought, that type of adventurer that Tristan was talking about was adventurers that are experts in dealing with monsters but lack experience in fighting other adventurers. There are certainly other adventurers like that but they make up a small percentage but they do exist.