Chapter 7 : I am not Crazy

"What are you saying Bell? Different Worlds?? Voices in your head?!"

Hestia's voice boomed inside the abandoned church and gazed at Bell almost like the latter had just lost his mind.

Bell had just finished explaining everything that happened between him and Meliodas earlier in the day.

Now, faced with Hestia's expression of disbelief and incredulity, Bell found himself unable to say anything to retort.

'Now that I think about it, if anyone were to say the things that I just said, would I believe them?'

Bell thought.

Hestia did not believe a single word that he just said.

Even though Goddesses or Gods have the innate ability to see through the lies and truth of a mortal, what Bell had just told her was something too unbelievable, it was not surprising for her to react that way.

Hestia was a goddess that had lived for millions of years, she had thought she had seen it all, and being told that the world they lived in was not the only world to have existed was something she could easily accept.

Hestia then made a worried expression, like a mother discovering that her child had autism.

(This is gonna be a pain) 

Meliodas said when he saw her expression.

"Bell, I love you and all, but I think you need to take a break from going into the dungeon, overworking seems to have taken a huge toll on you" 

Hestia said and hugged Bell while patting the back of his head.

"But Kami-sa--" 

Bell made a flustered expression, however, before he could say anything, he was immediately interrupted by Hestia

"NO buts!" 

Hestia yelled while putting her index finger on Bell's lips to silence him.

"I am the goddess of  this familia and I order you to take a break" 

Hestia said in a dignified and authoritative tone, yet there was a hint of worry in her voice, she genuinely thought that Bell had overworked himself in the dungeon and now he was seeing things and spewing nonsense about other worlds.

A wave of guilt flashed through her eyes when she looked at Bell's flustered expression.

'Bell is overworking himself for our familia's sake... I'm sorry Bell that you had such a useless Goddess like me'

Meliodas sighed at this.

'Looks like we are not going anywhere if I don't step up'

Meliodas stood up and tapped the ground with his feet.

(Bell, mind if I take it from here? This has gotten a bit more troublesome than what I had expected since the Gods could see through lies and whatnot... I was too naive in thinking it would be easy)

Bell's body jolted at Meliodas' words, he made a pondering expression and nodded.

'Oh okay, your gonna take control of my body and explain it to her yourself?' 

Bell said in his thoughts knowing Meliodas can read his mind.

(Yeah, release control for a bit and let me take over, don't worry I'll help you)

Meliodas already had a plan in mind to convince Hestia that what Bell just said was true.

Meliodas had already got a good grasp on how this world's system works.