24. Evalyn

The room was filled with noises of knives and forks. No one dared to even say anything. The silence was killing me from within for some odd reason. I couldn't stand the distance between us. Why? I don't know; I really don't know. I looked over to William and saw he seemed a bit disturbed. He wasn't even having his food properly. I looked over to Liam who was sitting opposite me, we were both exchanging glances attempting to understand what we were saying to each other. however, we were rudely interrupted by someone who opened the front door of the house. Liam and Sebastian jumped up to go and see who it was cautiously, while taking their guns out and I stood up with them as I was not going to stay there in the awkward situation with him, alone. Plus, there was Miss Pathogen giving me death stares from where she was seating. Sometimes, I wonder if it's necessary to be so bitter and gloomy all the time. She was driving me crazy!

There was a girl standing near the front of the entrance, just passed the double doors. She had curly hair tied up in a ponytail; a strand of her hair was out. She was pretty and seemed to be a nice person as well. Liam had a huge smile and put his gun away. He went in for a hug but backed off when William entered with his gun pointing towards the entrance. But he put it away immediately. For a split second I thought the corners of his perfect lips lifted upwards.

Who was this girl that made him so happy?

I was having berries on my bed with my legs crossed while wondering about the girl. Everyone was so happy to see her and even Miss Pathogen seemed to like her, unless she was just showing that she even cared. The one person that seemed to be excited was William. He tried to hide his feelings, but I could tell that he was on top of the world. He told Liam to get her luggage out from the car outside and put it in her room.

She had her own room. Well, she wasn't here for the first time then. 

Whoever she was I had to find out. Don't ask why because I don't know myself. To be honest, this shouldn't really bother me, but I couldn't get rid of the feeling when I saw how happy he was to see her. He is never that happy when he sees me. I couldn't really make out what that feeling was exactly, but I did know that I didn't like it at all.

Could it be jealousy? What am I thinking? Of course, not.

Lazily crawling out of bed, I placed the bowl of berries on the nightstand and made myself downstairs where Liam and the girl were watching t.v. I wanted to know a bit about this girl but without appearing to be nosey. Walking over to them I made my presence known and both looked up at me. I put on a smile and Liam finally spoke up.

"Heya! Evalyn this is Lillian and, Lillian this is Evalyn" He seriously couldn't introduce people properly for sure. Noted. He could've at least told me how William and she are related.

"Heyy. Come and sit down". She moved up towards Liam and made some room for me.

"Thank you". I didn't know if my fake smile was too obvious but didn't seem like it since she was being nice. Ok, maybe I'm being a bit too harsh to her, but I can't help it.

We three were having popcorn while watching a movie. I didn't know the name of the movie, but it was really good. It was a romantic movie, and we were watching a part where the guy was planning to propose someone. My focus was totally on the scene that my main goal completely slipped out of my mind, until Liam's phone rang, and he excused himself. Clearing my throat, I placed the bowl of popcorn down on the tea table in front of me and turned my head towards Evalyn. At least, I knew what her name was. That was a start.

"Evalyn, that's a nice name". Kissing my teeth, I placed another popcorn in my mouth.

Wow, what a way to start a convoy!