16. The Attack

I was having my peaceful sleep when I was rudely interrupted by someone who threw my body over their shoulder, and this immediately made me snap my eyes open in terror. Not knowing what else to do and who it was I started to clumsily hit my fist on his back and uncontrollably started to kick my feet, but it was no use. "Put me down! Who are you?! I said put me down right now!" All those screams were no use because no matter how much I yelled that person didn't put me down. In fact, he started to increase his pace even more than before, causing my heartbeat to accelerate even more. Pure fear raised within me as he came closer and closer towards the... the window?

Why would take me near the window? Was he going to throw me out?!

The last question caused my eyes to widen even more in fear, but I tried not to let that be too obvious.  I started to hit his back with my fists even more, and this time even stronger. My hair was like a bird's nest and my half sleepy state wasn't really a great help either. However, my sleepiness was soon snatched away by a very deep voice that I could recognise anywhere.

"Stop the fuss and stay quiet for a minute!" He snapped suddenly making me look up, and it turned out to be none other than the bastard himself.

What is he up to now? I thought to myself in confusion, worriedness and in annoyance. Is he annoyed with me to an extent where he is going to go to throw me out of the window to get rid of me once and for all?!  No, he couldn't do that. Can he?

Using even more strongly than I could possibly still have within me I started to struggle even more making him lose his balance a little bit. Surprisingly, it worked, and he placed me down, but the fear soon took over me again when my eyes fell on a very fuming Mr Stock. Everyone out there who isn't in this situation with him should be grateful because trust me, you would rather be swallowed up by the floor than be in this situation with him.

"We need to get out of here. Now! So, before you open your mouth and talk bullish! t, I would suggest you shut it and run from here unless you would rather get killed?" He responded with a questioning look. This caused my brows to furrow in confusion. My breathing was uneven and heavy, while my chest was rising and falling in panic and fear. "W-What do you mean?" Just when I finished asking the question my eyes fell on his right hand where there was a gun. An actual gun! I became speechless and many questions raised in my mind, but I was unable to bring them out of my mouth in shock but mostly in fear. He followed his own gaze from my eyes to where I was staring so intensely at and let out a frustrating breath. Was I not the one who should be frustrated right now? But now I couldn't remove my hazel eyes from the jet-black gun. Finally, after several attempts, I squeaked out, "P-Please don't tell me that it's real." It was meant to be a question but came out as a statement.

"Just do as I say for now. I'll tell you what's going on afterwards when we are safe." I didn't respond. I couldn't respond when there is someone standing opposite me with an actual gun. But the next word that escaped from his mouth made me snap my watery eyes at his blue ones. "Please." Come on, it was unexpected. The tone of his voice clearly highlighted the fact that he was really tensed and worried. It was as if the person standing in front of me was another person, it felt as if it wasn't the usual Mr. stock that I get shouted by. BANG! BANG! BANG!

The loud bangs on the door made me jump on my spot and snap my eyes in that direction in horror.

"C'mon! We don't have time." Before I could even agree I was grabbed by my right hand and pulled near the humongous white window that was open. There was a rope attached there already. It was tied on the window handle and was going all the way down. This made me gulp in fear. Honestly, who would jump with the help of a rope all the way from 3rd floor? No one!

BANG! BANG! BANG!

However, the frightening loud bangs on the door made me change my mind again. Taking a deep breath, I closed my eyes for a second to gather the courage and finally opened them again.