19. Lillian

WILLIAM

Stepping back into my office I shut the door behind me. I stood there thinking about the little scene that happened downstairs at the dinner table. The way she unknowingly said 'arrogant bastard' out loud actually was hilarious. The whole situation was funny, but I had to come out of there to prevent myself from laughing out loud. There was no way I was going to let me guards down.

The night when she was drunk came back into my mind causing me to breath heavily in anger and fist my hands beside me. I knew that something was going to happen that night when I saw through the CCTV camera and heard that they were going out. I knew that Branden isn't the right guy, and he would do something wrong, and I was right. When I went inside after threatening the security men who were not letting me in, and I saw that Branden was leading Lillian to a room upstairs, I rushed behind them up the stairs. The feeling of losing her was frightening, the feeling caused more adrenaline to rush through my body and panic to increase within me.

There were several rooms in a row making it hard for me to tell which room they went into, however, as soon as I heard a door close, I rushed over and started to bang on the door but there was no response. I furiously began to bang on the door. Thinking of the worst scenarios I couldn't help myself and started to attempt to break the door open. When I started to lose hope, I started to bang the door even harder making my arms ache. As soon as I was successful, I saw what made my blood boil. Fisting both of my hand that were shaking in anger I ran over to Branden who was on top of an unconscious Lillian and pulled him off. I don't know what came over me, but I began to beat Branden so much that I probably had broken his nose since there was a crack sound, but I didn't care about him. Before I could even take Lillian home, I realised that she went out in her drunk state. Cursing under my breath I rushed out and looked all over the place, but I couldn't find her.

Exiting the place, I decided to look around the area since she couldn't have gone far, she most likely went towards her apartment. As I was making my way towards her apartment, I saw Lillian stumbling on the pavement.

Somehow, I had managed to get her into my car. yes, I know that it's unprofessional to drop your P.A off at their apartment in your car but I had no other option. She asked me something that I didn't think she would ever ask, totally startling me. " Can you *hiccup* smile?" This made a smile to come over my face, but I quickly concealed it by turning my head towards the window, unfortunately, I was caught. 

Thinking about the incident a smile instantly came across my lips but getting rid of the past incident I made my way towards my desk. I opened my laptop and viewed all the cameras that were placed in every corner of my house. That's the danger of being a mafia leader; you cannot rest; you need to alert every second; you need to take care of everyone that are working for you. I had many people working for me, but the closest people were James, Sebastian, Liam, Drew, Millie, and Eva. That's why I allow them to stay with me most of the time, otherwise they have their own houses as well. Eva was never part of this mafia group; she was only a receptionist at work. However, when her parents were involved with us, they were killed by one of our enemies and I had taken responsibility of her, in return she said she would work for me. First, I denied but then she insisted so I allowed her. There were many training programs she had to go through that's why she was coming into the group recently.

A loud noise distracted me that was coming from downstairs. Getting my gun out from my back pocket I rushed out to see where Lillian was. When I stepped out everything seemed to be normal. Very carefully I went into the kitchen and stopped near the double doors that was just before getting into the dinner room, and I stood there after I saw Lillian standing there with her fists on the table, glaring at Millie. Whereas Millie was sitting there in shock. Leaning against the wall I watched the whole scene, I never got to see this side of her, besides when she was drunk obviously.

"No one talks to me like that! Who the hell are you to talk to me like that?!" Shocked, that's how I was feeling right there. She pointed my finger at her which shook me even more. It was amusing to see this side of her, "I would watch that little mouth if I were you." After what seems to be a while, she turned around and was walking out. Hastily, I rushed back and hid around the corner and saw her walk out with her head held up high in confidence. A smirk was on my face with my arms crossed. But then the fact that all the boys screamed, 'wow', I didn't appreciate it.

Walking ahead I noticed her on top of the stairs, and she turned right to enter her room. Once she had entered and closed the room door, I went up the stairs and into my office room and closed the door behind as well. I went back around my desk and sat down on my chair and realised that the laptop remained on and the cameras were there as well. I made the camera of Lillian's room bigger on the screen. Through the camera I could see from the door till the window at the back corner, the big window. It was necessary for me to keep an eye on her since I didn't want her to get kidnapped by Branden again.

I don't even know what she sees in him. He's such an asshole and she doesn't even see that. That night, when we were in the forest, she got injected by couple of men that were sent by Branden and she fell unconscious. I thought I had lost her forever. I couldn't help her. All I had managed to do was yell her name, hoping she would hear. They took her away by a car by the time I had dropped the woods from my hands and reached there. I never felt helpless in an exceedingly long time, and that was the time that I felt helpless again in a while. Soon, I contacted my people and reached my house. I got everyone to trace them. I tried everything I could, but I couldn't reach there before a month. For a whole month! When my men had traced her, I was delighted after so many attempts, I had finally found her. However, the state that she was in was devastating. I had found her in a room that was filthy. She was covered in dirt and it seemed like she was weak. Slowly, lifting her fragile body I drove her to my place and called in a doctor. It took her a week to fully recover and come back to her senses.

After that incident especially, I had to look after her more carefully. Branden is my rival and I still don't get why my dad had wrote and signed on an agreement that he could work in our office and that no one could fire him. Honestly, who on earth makes that sort of agreements?! But what frustrates me the most right now is that she doesn't even realise that this guy isn't good for her. If I even say anything most likely she wouldn't believe me. She would trust her so called 'friend'. 

Looking back at her who was now lying-in bed I took hold of my phone and called everyone in the house to come into my office.

I wanted Branden and I would get him at any cost!