26. Sneaking Out

You know what I should've been doing right now? I should be under a nice, warm duvet, while watching Netflix. But what was I doing? I was attempting to sneak out of this house, or should I say, this mansion. It's not only me though, I had a partner in crime, Eva.

Let me start from the beginning. Shortly after Liam had left, me and Eva came up with an idea to have some fun, well at least we hope to. It could only happen if we don't get caught. What was I even thinking!  Unfortunately, it was too late to back out. Eva would kill me if I did. We were bending our knees and trying to reach the front door, without getting caught. Let me tell you right now that, I was close to peeing my pants. What? Trying to sneak out, without being seen by anyone, especially William is impossible!

I attempt to distract myself from not thinking of the worst-case scenario, at least not yet. I keep my mind focused on staying low and following Eva as closely as I possibly can. Cautiously, we go down the stairs and tip toe towards the door while looking everywhere in case anyone notices us. Jeez, it makes us look like thieves. A victorious smile nearly comes across my face when we were only few steps away from the door. Did I mention nearly? Right, I did.

"What's going on here?" There was only one person who had the kind of voice, the kind of voice that was deep and sexy. Shut it! I was internally screaming at the point where I had to squeeze my eyes shut. I turned my head to the side to take a glance at Eva, seemed like she was doing the similar thing. We are sisters!

Nervously, we turn on our heels and look at the one and only, William. If it did not seem like we were thieves before, it definitely does now. Why did I even agree to this at the first place! Maybe, because you were sick and tired of sitting down in one place. Since when, do I talk to myself?

"Someone mind answering my damn question?" Anger and disappointment were there, undoubtedly. He had a calm tone though, and it's kind of surprised me. At the same time, his calm tone while angry scared me even more than him screaming from the top of his lungs.

Before I could utter a single word, Eva beat me to it. "We're sorry. It wouldn't happen again". His own sister is this scared of him. Wow. She grabs my arm and drags me towards the stairs, but he stops us by grabbing my other wrist from behind. He turns around, still not letting go of my hand. Damn it! Don't look into his eyes. Don't look into his eyes. Don't loo-

Guess what? That's exactly what I end up doing.

"Whose idea was it?" The anger was laced around every word that came out of his mouth. I was still looking into his eyes, not daring to move a single muscle. I couldn't tell him that it was her idea, I couldn't be that selfish.

"Mine". One word. That's all it took for him to let go of my hand and make him clench his jaw. His touch was still lingering on my skin. Turns out, I liked his touch. Interesting fact. Not!  Even in a serious situation like this, I can't seem to focus on the important issues. Like, what he would do next. What he would do to me. Would I get fired. The job was the least I was worried about. After finding out I had feelings for him, you think I would be more worried about my job. Nope, I have better things to worry about now. Try to bring out the side of William that I have never witnessed, and the side that Eva hasn't seen in a long time. 

The words flew out of my mouth before I could stop it. "Why don't you come with us? We all can go out for a change". I beamed hoping he would agree, but who was I even kidding. He arched one of his brows as a way of expressing the 'are-you-even-serious-right-now' look. I saw that coming from miles, but I wasn't going to give up so easily. I told Eva I would help her get her old brother back, and I wasn't going to step back and disappoint her.

"Now, don't tell me you are scared to even go out". That should make him change his mind, right?

"Where were you gyz planning to go anyway?" He crossed his arm and stood there trying to intimidate us, well me to be more specific.