6. Moody Margaret

Waking up with a throbbing headache wasn't the sort of 'good morning' I was expecting at all. I fisted a handful of my hair, attempting to reduce the pain, then I pushed myself up to get out of bed. Just then many questions crossed my mind.

What happened yesterday? How did I reach here? What happened to Branden?

"Uurgh!" groaning, I sat up fully and forced my heavy eyelids to open. After 3 attempts when I finally had succeeded my eyes widened in terror. IT WAS...

"9:36AM! I'm dead!" rushing out of my comfy bed, ignoring my throbbing head, I ran to my washroom with towel. Finishing my 'business', I had my 40 minutes shower in 10 minutes.

Yepp! you read it correctly, in 10 minutes, that's what intimidating bosses can make you do. Tripping over on few of my belongings I entered my room again while saying a quick 'good morning' to Sofia who was making her way to the kitchen while putting her hair up in a bun. I put on my outfit that Sof picked out for me last night, since my fashion sense are 'unacceptable'.

Her words, not mine.

I jogged my way into the kitchen and spotted Sof standing there making breakfast for herself. She looked back at me and turned her attention back to the glass in front of her. "killer of a headache?"

"Tell me about it." I replied with a dull voice.

What happened last night?

The question was swirling around in my head the moment I woke up but decided not to say anything and worry her.

I probably let myself in.

"Looks like your boss isn't as harsh as you think he is." She broke the silence and sat down on the kitchen counter.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, he dropped you off here yesterday when you were wasted. Where the hell was your date?" She groaned in annoyance; I could sense a bit of anger in her tone.

What was I meant to say to that? Was I meant to say that I got so drunk I didn't even care about him? It would just make me look bad. I ended up sighing and grabbing my bag.

"I'm going to head to work."

"Ok. Have fun." She had a smile on her face, which she tried to hide.

I exited the building and got into the taxi while taking out my phone to check if I had received any emails.

Did he really drop me off?

I just couldn't digest what Sof had told me. At that point a smile managed to creep up onto my face. But the smile was soon slapped away when I reached the building that had 'The Stock's Architects' in bold on top of the building.

I can't mess this up for myself.

This was the kind of opportunity that I was looking for a very long time. I had obtained it I couldn't let it slip out of my hand.

"Good Morning, Isa."

She looked up from her computer and sent a smile my way. "Good Morning, Lillian. Mr Stock isn't here yet, which is highly odd, but I'll show you your office in the meantime."

"That would be great."

And it would be great if I don't have to encounter him today at all. But of course, that wasn't acceptable by fate.

We walked straight down the corridor while she walked in front of me. Many people were staring while whispering.

What happened, now? I attempting to guess, but nothing came to my mind.