9. Lost with him

As the warm water tenderly travelled down my body, I ran my hands through my hair casually. There was only one thing going on in my mind at that moment. Last night: the way I felt when I touched him; the way he let me in, even if it wasn't a lot but it was still something. I was happy that he trusted me enough to even tell me that fact. There was one thing that was still bothering me; the way he turned his back on me when I mentioned about getting them into jail. It's not like I said anything wrong.

I stepped out of the bathroom with one of the towels wrapped around my body and the other one wrapped around my hair. Stepping in front of the dressing table I applied moisturiser on my face and began to apply cream all over my body when I heard William yelling downstairs. I couldn't really make out what he was saying since my bedroom door was closed. I didn't really feel the need to know about it either, so I continued to finish off applying cream and changed into work clothes. I decided to apply a bit of make up today and put my hair up in a bun. I looked at my appearance one last time before heading downstairs. 

As I walked down the stairs, I saw him going up while still in his clothes from last night. I wouldn't have got into trouble if he was with me, after all, he was the boss.

I continued to walk down the stairs and made my way to the kitchen, assuming that I had time to grab something to eat before going. There was a guy who walked past me, but I couldn't see their face and I assumed that he worked here so I didn't give it too much thought and went over to grab myself a glass of water. I didn't really feel like having that much so I just grabbed an apple from the fruit box that was placed on the grey tiled counter across the kitchen. As I took a bite from the apple, I made my way towards where the sofas were and made myself comfortable. I took out my phone from my pocket and decided to finally switch it on. I didn't have the energy to go on my phone before. My phone was the last thing on my mind after what had happened.

Shit.

I had forgotten to let Sof know that I wasn't going to go home. As soon as I switched my phone on, 20 missed calls and 35 messages popped up, all from her. I tensed up; I knew that he expected me to not tell anyone, but she was my best friend. I had to tell her.

I checked the time, it was 8:30am. She was most likely on her way to work and I didn't want to make her late so I ended up messaging her that I was fine, and I would see her at home in the evening. She read the message immediately and called me.

"Hey- "I was cut off by her yelling through the call. I could tell that she was walking to work by the sound of her heels and from the way that she was breathing.

"Where were you?! Why didn't you call me?! You could've messaged me. I was worried sick. I was planning on going to the police to look for you." I felt so guilty at that moment. I should've messaged her. Even if I couldn't use my phone, I should've asked William to arrange something so that she didn't get worried.

"I'm sorry. I know I should've messaged you and I know that sorry isn't enough, but I promise to try and make it up to you."

"It's fine, as long as you're ok." She sighed making me smile, even though I knew she couldn't see it. I was lucky to have her as my best friend and I wouldn't have known what to do without her. "But What happened? Do I need to beat anyone up?" She continued to interrogate with her demanding voice.

I laughed, "No, you don't have to beat anyone up. I'll explain tonight, I promise."

"Ok. Don't forget about your explanation afterwards."

"I won't. I'm going to have to go now. I'll see you tonight."

"Alright. See you". She ended the call there and I put my phone down and threw my remaining apple away.