3. Last Encounter?

WILLIAM POV

Stock's Architects. I put my blood into making it stand where it stands today. The tallest and most successful architects building there is in America. After my dad passed away recently because of heart attack, the business and everything with it automatically was in my name. I wanted to make my dad's dream come true; the dream of making Stock's Architects the most well known and successful company in the world, and I was going to make that happen no matter what. I wasn't going to let anything, or anyone stop me.

Today was the day that I was interviewing a bunch of applicants for the PA job. I needed a PA for way too long and I didn't want to waste time in choosing the wrong person for the job and going through the whole process again, so I decided to interview them myself. But before that, I had to go to that café again. I needed to see her. There was something about her that caught my eyes, and trust me, no girl has ever caught my eyes before, at least not like she has. I knew better though; I knew that I shouldn't go there to see her. I can not bring her into my life even if I wanted to. No girl would want to be a part of my crazy life, but I can't help it.
The flashback of the first time I saw her came to my mind.
She was so fragile that she fell down when we bumped into each other. I wanted to make sure that she was ok, but I had to rush off to another meeting.
When I said that I won't let anything or anyone get in the way of fulfilling my dad's dream, I actually meant it. But I went back to the café as soon as the meeting had come to an end, hoping she was still there. When I entered the café my eyes immediately scanned the place for her, until they landed on a worker that had her back facing my way. It seemed like her, the same black curly hair. I had to make sure, so I decided to order again. Yes, I had another coffee, but I was going to get a croissant though. When she turned around, our eyes locked for a brief second, almost making me forget I had to order.
A smile made its way towards my lips as I recalled when we were so close. I could tell she was having a bad day by seeing her hit the coffee machine, so I decided to help her out. What? I am helpful. Sometimes.
Our eyes were locked in place while I fixed the machine. Honestly, they were too captivating. I don't know why she had that effect on me, but it wasn't a good sign. I couldn't get involved in love because I knew better. So, I just slid the money on the counter and left without looking back, even though I was tempted to do that.
I had decided that moment that I wouldn't go there again to see her. It was better that way. Well, that was what I thought I was going to do, until this morning.
I'll just go and pay a visit one last time.
One last time.

Blinking out of my thoughts, I grabbed a random watch from the collection and put it around my wrist. I exited my apartment and got inside my black Range rover and drove away.
Today is going to be a long day.

It didn't take me long to drive to the café; approximately 20 minutes' drive. I checked myself one last time through the rear-view mirror before getting out of the car. I could see a munch of people staring at both; me and my car.
Can't they mind their own business.
Actually, it's not their fault. I guess my car stood out from all the other cars parked next to mine. I don't go to any café around the corner, but I had to yesterday as I needed a cup of coffee and I was getting late for a very important meeting.
One last time. This kind of disappointed me, surprisingly. But I stopped letting it get to me by taking longer strides.

I turned to the left. The place we had our unintentional collision. It took me great effort to not make the smile on my face obvious.

I opened the door to the café, making the annoying chiming noise go off and closed it behind me. I scanned the entire place looking for her, but she was nowhere to be found.
I went over to the counter, assuming she might be there. But I was greeted by another person with the same colour hair as her; black. Her back was facing my way, so she didn't see me. This person's hair was only a little below her shoulders, while, her hair was just below her waist.
That was when I realised, I didn't even know her name.
I cursed under my breath, and that was when she turned around. The look on her face gave away the fact that she was shocked when she saw me.
I am sure I am not a celebrity, right? Stop staring woman.
I took out my phone as a way of showing I wasn't interested. "I'll have a cappuccino." I know that it is a bit rude, but you should always remember that, the minute you show some respect or be nice to someone, they would eventually take advantage of it. I learnt that the hard way.