4. New Start

"YES BABE!" When I told Sofia that I got the job, she was over the moon. She was happier than me. "I knew you would get the job!" She had always believed in me when I didn't believe in myself. I had wasted enough years thinking about Jacob and doing everything on behalf of both of us. It was time to live my life according to me.

"Thanks girl!" I pulled away from the hug and opened my laptop.

"For what?"

"For always believing in me and helping me out. You know, just being there". I smiled with tearful eyes. Why am I so sensitive these days?

"That's what friends are for!" She exclaimed and made her way towards the kitchen.

I checked my email to see if I had received anything. I noticed an email sent from Stock's Architects and I opened it to check what it contained.

Miss Lillian Livingston,

I was told you to inform you that you have been given the job of Mr William Stock's PA at Stock's Architects.

Your presence in Mr Stock's office is required this upcoming Monday at 9:00am, sharp. Sir is a busy man as the CEO and the owner of Stock's Architects, so any delays to arriving on time will result in you losing your job. Further information regarding your job description will be provided by Mr Stock himself.

Sasha Morgan.

Main Receptionist at Stock's Architects.

Well now, I know his name.

I roll my eyes at the rudeness. I replied saying that I would be there with equal amount of rudeness, again.

"Do you want to watch horror today?" Sofia came back with two bowls of popcorn and popped down next to me.

"Ok". I placed down the laptop on the tea table and grabbed a cushion to get comfier. "Let's watch a series. Let's watch scream!" Excitement was clear on my face.

"ooh! It's mystery and crime. Love it!"

We were in the middle of watching the movie when I heard a buzz from my phone. It was from William.

Professionalism.

I meant, Mr Stock.

I had downloaded the email app on my phone so that I could avoid missing out on important messages. I opened the message thinking what he could want on a Friday.

Miss Livingston,

I hope Miss Morgan has sent you a confirmation email stating that you have been appointed as my PA?

Also, I hope to see you in my office on Monday at 9am.

Good day,

Mr W. Stock

There was a strange feeling when I had read his email. There was an unfamiliar warmth surrounding my body, my heart. I shook the feeling out of my mind and looked back at the email.

Would his fingers fall off to write, 'Have a good day?' Instead of 'good day'?

I typed a reply to confirm the email I had received earlier and confirmed that I would be present on time. Sofia peaked over my shoulders when she saw the bright light coming from my phone.

"Who's Stock?" I jumped on my seat and made her jump as well.

"Sof! What the hell! You scared me". I threw a cushion her way, but she managed to block it with her hands.