5. The Date

"Are you crazy? You're going to dress that for your date?"

"Yes. What's wrong with that?" I asked while staring at my reflection in a mirror in front of me. I was wearing a plain t-shirt along with blue jeans, and to go with it I wore a pair of ankle length boots.

"Everything is wrong with it!"

Why is she being so dramatic?

"Let me work my magic". She had a grin on her face, and I ended up slumming my body down on my bed, while she looked through my closet to find something for me to wear.

"There's nothing worthy to be worn for a date. I'll be back". With that she turned on her heels to go to her room.

I remembered that I still hadn't sent my address to him. Every time I thought about Branden and our date, I always got an uneasy feeling. It felt like I was doing something wrong.

Am I doing the right thing?

It was too late to back out. I couldn't possibly cancel it last minute. I would've felt bad, so I let my fingers type away my address and press the 'send' button. 

Sofia had returned back into my room while skipping in joy. She was holding a navy-blue dress that seemed too short for my liking. She saw my expression while staring at the dress and just rolled her eyes.

Yes, I know. We both rolled our eyes often but it's just a bad habit. I just hoped I didn't end up doing it at my workplace.

"Here, try this". She hands me the dress and I lazily went towards the bathroom to change.

"Sof?" I popped my head out from behind the door.

"Come out!"

"I can't. It's too small for me".

She furrowed her brows. "It can't be. Come out, I'll be the judge of that".

I stepped out from behind the door while trying to pull the dress down as much as I could.

Holy shit. It's much shorter when I walk. 

Her mouth was hung open while she stared at me.

"I told you it was small for me". I turned back to go change but she stopped me.

"Girl, it looks better on you than me! It isn't small. It's perfect!" She clapped her hands in approval. I made my ways towards my room to take a better look at myself.

The dress stuck to me like my second skin. The length of the dress was short, it was up to my mid-thigh. I didn't really like the fact that it clang to my body and my skin was showing. I never really wore anything that was up to my mid-thighs. Made me a little uncomfortable. All I felt like doing at that moment was to step out of the dress, and wear my comfy PJ.

But I guess, I could try something new.

I let Sofia do my hair and make-up because like I said before, she was a pro!

She straightened my hair, which fell at my back. She applied foundation and concealer; perfectly shaped my brows; added wing liner; added on fake lashes that were 'natural', and last but not the least, lipstick. She applied a dark shade of red to finish the look. She wanted to apply contour, blush, highlight and wanted to do a smoky eye look as well, but I didn't want heavy make-up. I couldn't handle heavy makeup, it made my face feel heavy, as if I had to drag a football on my face.

What? I was actually serious. 

"Perfect! Now, slip these heels on and you're good to go!" She declared and handed me the black heels. I slid them on and glanced at the mirror.