Sinner: Three

"Why do I have to come with you?" I ask my mom as I was carrying a container over to the neighbors house. I couldn't understand why mom insisted that I come with her when she could do this herself.

When we reached the door, she turns around to face me before giving me a look that meant she was about to lecture me on whatever.

"We're their new neighbors. We will be as polite and nice as we can, ok? Why are you acting like you don't want to be over here?"

Cause the man and woman gives me some sort of weird vibes going for them and she's way too gorgeous that I might make an idiot out of myself.

"I just don't do social things."

She smiles. "I know, but do this for me."

The door opens in time for her to turn around and I saw that woman standing there, smiling at us. I saw my mom step up on their steps a little before speaking. "Hi, I know we met at the church this morning but I didn't realize we were neighbors."

"Oh, really?" She smiles.

"Me and my daughter would like for you to have this. We decided to bring you both a little welcoming dessert."

As the woman took the container, my mom was talking to her a little more until we were invited inside. I shook my head before walking in behind her then shutting the door and looking around.

I saw that man walk in before walking towards us and shaking my mom's hand. I stayed in the back as I was observing, but not making eye contact. I was looking around the living room and seeing all the pictures they had on the walls.

My mom was talking to them and I kept my eyes away from the woman as I was looking down at the floor. I saw her shoes then my eyes traveled up her legs as she was wearing some tight pants and not that dress I saw her in earlier.

My eyes kept going upward until I saw something that made me stop. I furrowed my eyebrows until she had pulled her sleeve down, hiding the evidence as I looked up at them.

The man had his hand on her arm as she was talking to my mom and I noticed something that made me very curious, very fast.

Her body language was off and it was giving me bad vibes.

"Would you like something to drink?" The woman spoke then pulled away from the man as he stood there for a moment. We followed her to their kitchen and I look around until I saw that woman walk to her fridge, grabbing some water bottles out before placing them on the counter.

Mom smiles at her before grabbing a bottle and handing it to me. I slightly smile at her before placing the bottle back on the counter before looking around once more.

"It's nice to get to know you a little more. I hope you and your husband enjoys this wonderful neighborhood as much as we do."

Looking at my mom, I made a face before shaking my head. I really wish she wouldn't act like this around new people cause it's not her and it makes me cringe.

She's never this polite. Only to new people and it makes me cringe so bad.

That man walks to the fridge before grabbing something out, which I caught a glimpse of before he puts it back and brings out a water bottle. I watch as he walks to the counter where we were then stands next to the woman.

As I was watching them talk to my mom, I noticed something really shifty about them. The man was more suspicious than the woman and I instantly caught that when we walked through the doors.

I'm not sure what it was but they were definitely hiding something.

Which made me very interested now.