Sinner: Twenty five

I went to bed that night with so much on my mind. I wasn't sure what was going to happen next but I knew one thing was already solved and I have nothing to worry about with James anymore.

That made me happy.

Another thing that made me happy was that mom was ok with my feelings for Miranda.

She didn't kick me out or say anything to me about it and that made me happy.

Since I haven't talked to Miranda in a few weeks, I wasn't sure how to approach this situation.

I asked mom if Miranda knew that she called the cops on James and she said that she told her. I asked her what Miranda did and all mom said was that she was a little caught off guard and asked how she even knew that James was doing that.

Mom didn't mention my name.

All she said was that she found out.

That night consisted of us eating dinner and I even asked her if aunt Brenda tried calling or anything. She said that she has been calling but mom hasn't picked up the phone to answer her calls.

I knew aunt Brenda wouldn't understand once she found out and she would try to get into my mom's head and tell her everything that wasn't true.

So it was best if aunt Brenda didn't know about what was going on.

She left after I tried smashing James' head into the ground and I want to say she was scared of what she witnessed but that wasn't the case.

After I went to the bed that night, I knew that the next day I was going to talk to Miranda. I wasn't sure what to say or do but I really hope she talks to me even though I left that day and stopped talking to her.

Let's hope anyways.

-

The next morning came and I was up pretty early.

I went to take a shower and even ate breakfast since it was nine in the morning. I fixed my own food since mom went to work that day and I was sitting in the kitchen alone as I had thoughts running through my head.

After breakfast, I went to grab some shoes and a jacket. I stared at the window in my room as I was getting ready, trying to calm my nerves but not sure if that was going to work.

I got dressed then grabbed my phone and walked out the door then downstairs.

This feeling in my stomach was very noticeable and it was a feeling I couldn't shake.

I was more than nervous but this was nervousness in my stomach that I was feeling.

When I opened the door, I stopped when I saw Miranda standing there. She stared at me as her hand was up in a fist as if she was about to knock. She quickly placed her hand down then slightly smiled at me before tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"Hi."

Seeing her stand there made me smile as I opened the door then moved out the way for her to walk inside. "Hey." I said as she walked in then I closed the door behind her.

She turns towards me and we stood there for a moment before I motioned to the living room and we both walked to it. I watch her walk to the couch before sitting down and I did the same as I sat near her.

"Your mom said she called the cops on James." She said as she looked at me. "I'm guessing you already know."

"Yeah, I was a little caught off guard to say the least." I look at her as she was slightly smiling at me and I couldn't help but smile.