Sinner: Twelve

Dedicated to bri <3

"Miranda!" I knocked on the door and waited for her to answer. I looked around then back at the door as I didn't hear any noises from inside.

I kept knocking until I heard the door then it opened and Miranda stood there looking at me. I slightly smile at her as she did the same before looking at me. "Yes?"

"I want to talk." I watched her for a moment. "Please?"

She kept looking at me before sighing and opening the door more. I smiled as I walked in and she closed the door behind me.

I watch as she looks at me as she walks to the couch and sat down. I did the same and we sat there in silence for a few moments and it was getting to me a little.

"Miranda.." I look at her as she looks over at me. "I really don't want you walking away cause there's so much I need to say to you."

She slowly nods then looks at the floor. "I know, Grace but.." She shook her head before looking back at me. "I feel something towards you and it's scary and terrifying at the same time. I don't know what to do." She looks away.

Nodding, I understand what she was saying. I rubbed the back of my neck as I never thought I would be put in this situation, ever. I never thought I would be saying my feelings out loud to someone, especially a grown woman.

This situation was something I never thought would happen.

It was silent between us. I knew she was thinking about all this cause when I looked over at her, she was staring at the floor and she had a look in her eyes that was distant, meaning she was thinking about things.

"Miranda-"

Her phone started ringing on the table then she reached over to look at it. I saw her face change as she slowly answered it before pressing the phone to her ear.

I listened to her conversation and knew it was James on the other end of the phone. I looked at the floor as she was talking and I let my eyes wander around and looked at all the different pictures on the wall until Miranda hung up the phone.

She stared at the phone in her hands before slowly placing it on the table in front of her. I saw her look over at me then looked away as she sighed. "James is coming home. You need to leave."

"I can't."

I saw her look at me for a moment. "You have to."

Shaking my head, I look at her for a moment. "I-"

"Grace, please leave."

"I'm not done talking."

"Well I am."

She stood up then walked towards me before grabbing my arm and making me stand up as well. I looked at her as she was slightly pushing me to the door but I stopped as we were standing near it.

Turning around, I faced her before looking at her. "Miranda, I can't walk out that door."

"Well, you have no choice. Now go." I shook my head as I stared at her. "Please, Grace."

Looking towards the door, I look back at her before shaking my head. "I dare him to hit you while I'm standing here."

"Leave." She said. "Please."

Looking at her, I knew she wasn't going to give in. No matter how much I begged, I knew she wasn't going to let it go. "Fine. But if I hear something-"

"You're not coming over here, Grace." I opened the door then looked at her for a moment before shaking my head then walking out. "Grace," I stop to turn and face her as she was leaning on the doorframe. "once James leaves again.. come over."