Sinner: Sixteen

Driving to the school was bringing back memories that I didn't like.

I hated the feeling of driving there cause I hated high school. I didn't even want to be here or step foot inside these doors, but I had no choice.

"Get in and out." I sighed.

Holding the folder in my hands, I walked inside then went to the office to grab a visitor tag. I told them I was here to give something to my mom, which they knew who I was.

After I grabbed the tag, I placed it on my shirt before walking down the hall and finding my mom's office. I knocked slightly on the door before hearing her tell me to come in and I walked in.

She smiled at me behind her desk before taking her glasses off as I walked to her. I held out the folder then watched as she grabbed it before placing it on the desk. "Thanks, sweetie." She smiles up at me. "I wasn't interrupting anything, was I?"

"No ma'am." I shook my head. "Just bored at the house."

She nods then smiles at me before looking down at the desk then sighing. "Lunch is almost here and I'm starving."

"I haven't ate lunch yet." I shrug as I look down at her.

"You better. We have plenty of food at the house. If you need money then you can go buy some food if you want."

Smiling, I shook my head as I look at her. "I'm fine. I'll probably find something at the house."

"Ok sweetie." She smiles as she leans back. "Well, thank you."

"You're welcome." I smile as I walk around the desk before hugging her.

She hugged me back then smiled at me as I leaned away from her. "I love you."

"I love you too. See you when you get home." I smile at her before walking to the door and walking out.

After I walked through the hall, I walked back to the office to sign my visitor tag out before walking out of the building and into the parking lot.

I left the parking lot after I got into the car then thought about Miranda. I smiled as I drove down the road and had her on my mind. I couldn't wait to get back to see her before James gets there.

When I pulled down our road, I looked around as I saw a few people outside but not a lot. I knew it was too cold outside to do anything but there were a few people outside doing yard work or checking the mail.

I came into view of my house then looked over at Miranda's and didn't see the car there. I smiled as I pulled in then got out and started walking over to the house.

Walking across the yard, I walked up to the door then knocked and waited for her to answer. I looked around then heard the door unlock as she opened the door and I couldn't help but smile.

"That was quick."

I nodded as I walked in then looked to see her shutting the door behind me. I saw her turn around to face me and she had a slight smile on her face, which made me smile a little bigger.

"You want something to drink?" She asks as she walks to the kitchen and I was behind her.

"Sure." I walked to the counter before leaning on it and watching her as she went to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water out.

She turns towards me after she shuts the fridge door before handing me the water. I smiled at her as I grabbed it then opened it, taking a sip.

She was standing on the other side of the counter as she was watching me as I placed the water bottle on the counter. I looked at her for a moment as I saw her smile at me before tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.