Sinner: Ten

"You look beautiful, Grace." Ryan smiled as he approached me in the church building. I smiled back then he held out his hand and I took it as he swirled me around. "Very graceful." He laughs.

Rolling my eyes, I release my hand then look at him. "Very funny." I caught aunt Brenda watching me with a smile on her face and I look back at Ryan before chuckling. "Aunt Brenda still thinks I have the hots for you."

"Really?" He asks then glances over at her. "Why cause we're best friends?"

"I don't know." I shrug before seeing Anthony walk up.

"Sorry, I was peeing."

Ryan looks at him then makes a face before shaking his head. "Thanks for sharing that information."

"No problem." He pats his back then smiles at me. "Don't you look gorgeous."

I smile then shrug. "What can I say? I can wear a dress. When I'm forced to." I roll my eyes before crossing my arms.

We were all standing around as it wasn't time for the service to begin yet. I was already ready to go home and get out of this dress. I hated it so much and it was making me itch in so many places.

Mom was talking to someone and aunt Brenda was talking to someone else. They were both on opposite ends of the room and I glanced over at either of them before looking at my friends.

Ryan was looking at the ceiling again and Anthony was fixing his suit. I smiled at them before glancing behind them and seeing Miranda walk in with James.

He had his arm hooked with hers and I shook my head as she was looking down and he was smiling at everyone. I saw him slightly wave then he looked over and saw me, which made his smile fade.

My arms were still crossed as I was watching his every move until he passed me, which made Anthony look also since his arm bumped into his.

"Excuse you, sir." Anthony said then covered his mouth once he realized who it was. "Oh gosh, I forgot they come here."

I watch as they sat down and my eyes remained on Miranda, who was looking at the front. She wouldn't look anywhere else as James was looking around then gave me a look before wrapping his arm around Miranda.

"Dickhead." I mumbled.

"Gracie." Anthony said. "In church?"

I stepped towards him. "Dude,"

"Alright everyone!" I heard the preacher yell, which meant it was time for service.

We all walked down an aisle before sitting down on the pew. I look over to see my mom walking towards us before making her way down and sitting next to me, then aunt Brenda was walking behind her.

Looking at the preacher, I listened to him for a moment before looking over to see James and Miranda sitting in the other pew.

James was blocking the view from Miranda as I was trying to look at her. He had his arm around her shoulder as he was staring up at the preacher as he was saying things.

My eyes were wandering all over the place as I kept looking at the bibles that were in the back of the pews. I look over at Anthony and Ryan before glancing at Miranda a few times but couldn't see her.

It's funny how someone can come to church and act like you're a saint when you're not.

James is far from it.

I find it funny how he can walk in and act like he's the perfect husband and nto burn to a fucking crisp.

Shaking my head, I looked away before looking at the preacher as he was talking. I looked everywhere throughout the whole service. I kept my eyes mostly on the walls and lights above.