Sinner: Twenty

I leave to go up North in three days.

It's Monday and everything that happened yesterday was still very much on my mind. I couldn't hardly sleep cause of it and it was getting to me.

My mom talked to me about what happened and I told her that aunt Brenda needed to mind her business. I told her that I wasn't spying on anyone and she was making shit up.

That's when aunt Brenda started a fight with mom then she left that night.

I couldn't help but smile as mom was on my side then watched aunt Brenda leave that night.

But my mind wandered off to Miranda and I wanted to see her more than anything.

I knew James did something after that encounter and it was on my mind throughout the whole night.

It was messing with my head.

I couldn't hardly eat that night and mom noticed.

She asked what was wrong but I said nothing.

Lying was bad but I didn't want to tell her anything.

Something I needed to keep to myself.

Especially this.

When I went back to my room, I stared out the window towards the house next door. I kept my eyes on the window as I was waiting for something to happen and the curtains was opened so I had plenty of view.

My adrenaline was pumping.

Everything was just a little crazy.

A little too much and I wasn't sure what to do.

I couldn't go over there and end everything but there's consequences.

Mom would question a lot of shit if the cops were called and I would have to answer everything she threw at me. I would have to be interrogated by her for the rest of my life.

But then there's something else that could happen if I went in a different direction.

I could tell her that I've been noticing weird activity from them for a while and I finally did something about it.

No questions asked.

No suspicious activity.

Pacing around my room as I was thinking about all this was something I was doing at the moment. I was thinking about the situation and what I should do cause I knew today was the same I was doing to expose his ass.

James was gone and I saw the car missing, so that gave me time to go over there and be with Miranda as much as I could.

That's all I wanted to do.

It was noon and I had plenty of time to do whatever.

Nobody was here to stop me.

After grabbing my phone, I walked downstairs and out the front door. I shut it behind me before looking around and walking through the yard towards Miranda's house.

I had a feeling in my chest that made me want to scream.

It happend every time I was around Miranda.

She has that affect on me.

I knocked on the door and waited for her to answer. I looked around and waited but didn't hear anything. I knocked again, a little harder then waited but nobody was coming to the door.

When I tried opening the door, it was locked and I couldn't move the knob. I knocked again, a little louder but didn't hear anything and started to panic.