Sinner: Eight

Another few days passed and it was now Saturday. I haven't heard anything from the neighbors or seen anything since Thursday. I haven't told Anthony or Ryan anything about what I've been seeing for the past few days either.

I figured I wouldn't say anything cause that would make Anthony start his stalking shit again and dickhead was already on to me as it is.

When Saturday morning came, mom woke me up early and said she was going out to run some errands. She asked if I wanted to go but I said I'll probably pass cause I was too lazy to do anything.

So, she left me alone and I was completely fine with that.

Being alone was what I do best cause I didn't have to be forced to do anything. I could lay in bed all day, eat all the snacks I wanted without getting yelled at.

It was great.

I was laying in bed, looking at my phone as I was scrolling through Instagram and trying to find some videos or just kill this boredom that I had.

Anthony sent me a few messages, saying he wanted to come over but he was stuck doing yard work. I texted back and said it was fine cause I wasn't doing anything anyways.

Sitting up, I stretched a little before walking out of my room and downstairs towards the kitchen. I walked in then went to the fridge and grabbed a soda before turning around just in time for my phone to start ringing.

"Hello?"

"Hey, sweetie." It was mom. "Brenda will be over shortly. She said she was coming over and I told her I was out running errands but you were home."

I roll my eyes. "Cool."

"Be nice." She warned. "I'll see you later."

After we hung up, I opened my can before taking a few sips then walking out of the kitchen. I walked to the front door then walked out, looking around as the sun was shining down and it was a little warm.

I saw a few kids on the road, riding there bikes and I smiled as I shut the door and walked into the yard. I took another sip of my soda then looked around until my eyes landed on the house next door.

My eyes stayed on the house for a moment as I let them wander around, looking at the window as all the curtains were closed now. I took another sip of my soda then looked out at the road as the kids were all screaming as they were riding their bikes.

Smiling, I walked to the sidewalk and looked down the street for a moment. I soaked in the warmth of the sun then looked up at the sky where there were only a few clouds but not a lot.

As I was looking up at the sky, I overheard noises and my eyes immediately went to the house next door. I heard shouting then looked around as none of the kids were even paying attention to it and nobody else was even glancing over here.

Not that anyone was even close enough to hear but still.

I walked over to the house then to the side of it as the yelling was getting pretty more clear. I looked at the bushes that were lining the house then walked back towards the front until I heard the door open.

Crouching down as quickly as I could, I could see that man walk out towards the car before getting in. I heard it start then he left the driveway a few moments later before honking his horn at the kids that were all in the road.

Shaking my head, I stood up after he left then walked back to the front of the house. I turned then stopped when I saw Miranda standing there with her arms crossed, looking down the road before seeing me.