001

Beep Beep Beep

Sarah rolls over in her bed, shuts her alarm off and sighs. 'Today is gonna be a long day' she thinks to herself. She gets out of bed, showers and heads to her work; Seattle Grace Hospital where she is learning to be a surgeon. As Sarah walks down the stairs and looks into the Livingroom, she raises an eyebrow when she sees her sister laying on the couch. Sarah rolls her eyes, smiles and heads to work. When she enters the hospital she heads to the locker room and changes then heads to meet her bestfriend aka her girlfriend.

"Dr. Grey wait" a voice called out causing Sarah to stop and turn around. "Yes Dr. Bailey" Sarah says and smiles at her fellow resident, "this is your first year as a resident and you have interns now so I want you to know I am here if you need help" Dr. Bailey says causing the younger woman to smile "of course dr. Bailey and thank you" Sarah says and continues walking.

The young Dr. smiles as she sees Delilah Shepherd with her back turned to the door. Sarah walks in and puts her hands over the taller woman's eyes. "Guess who" Sarah whispers, "why could it be miss Sarah Grey?" Delilah asks turning around while wrapping her arms around the shorter woman's waist.

"Lilah, guess what" Sarah says smiling "what?" Delilah asks while smiling, "my sister starts her first day at the hospital today!" Sarah says "that's right I almost forgot" Lilah says "oh shoot I need to go Bailey is paging me" Sarah say frowning slightly "hey don't worry. We will see each other at Lunch" Delilah says causing the younger Doctor to smile.

Once she gets to where Dr. Bailey is, Sarah smiles and stands next to her. "Your sister is being put with me" Bailey says causing the taller woman to smile, "good, she will be good" Sarah says while looking over some paperwork.

"Is she as good as you?" Bailey asks while raising an eyebrow, "She is, in-fact she might even be better" Sarah says as she sees the new inters walk out. "Hi, I'm Isobel Stevens, but everyone calls me Izzie" Izzie says causing Sarah to bit down on her lip to stop herself from smiling, which of course doesn't go unnoticed by her sister who she just winks at.

"I have five rules. Memorize them. Rule number one -- don't bother sucking up. I already hate you. That's not gonna change. Trauma protocol, phone list, pagers -- nurses will page you. You will answer every page at a run -- a run -- thats rule number two. *Bailey leads the interns and they start walking down the hall* Your first shift starts now and lasts 48 hours. You're interns grunts, nobodies, bottom of the surgical food chain. You run labs, write orders, work every second night until you drop, and dont complain."

*Bailey and the interns walk into an on-call room. Bailey continues talking*

"On-call rooms -- attending hog them. Sleep when you can, where you can, which brings me to rule number three. If Im sleeping dont wake me, unless your patient is actually dying. Rule number four -- the dying patient better not be dead when I get there. Not only will you have killed someone, you would have woke me for no good reason. We clear?" Bailey explains everything and each intern aside from Sarah has a worried almost scared look on their face.

Then Meredith raises her hand "Yes?" Bailey asks "You said five rules. That was only four" Meredith says just as Sarah and Bailey's pagers go off "Rule number five -- when I move, you move" Bailey says and they start running down the hallway. Once they get to the helicopter pad Baily and Sarah move up closer. "What do we got?" Bailey asks

"Katie Bryce, 15-year-old female, new onset seizures, intermittent for the past week. I.V. lost en route, starting grand mal seizing as we descended" the paramedic explains everything "Alright. Get her on her side. Izzie, 10 milligrams diazepam I.M. No, no. The white lead is on the right. Righty, whity. Smoke over fire. A large-bore I.V. Dont let the blood hemolyze. Lets go!" Bailey says