007

A/n: Okay so I know I skipped a few episodes but that's because the cutting of the Lvad wire doesn't give me much to work with. Anyway I hope yall enjoy this chapter! Also Sarah has to wear a fancy dress towards the end of the chapter so the dress up top is the dress she wears.

Sarah walks through the hospital as quick as she can. She walks right up to Delilah, who is standing at the nurses station. "Where the hell is my sister?" asks Sarah, "she is in the chiefs office with Yang, Karev, O'Malley, and Stevens" Delilah says as she puts her hands on her girlfriends shoulders and starts rubbing them.

"Would it be wrong if I yelled at her?" Sarah asks after setting her pen and chart down, "probably just stay calm. Are you busy tonight after work? I know you have been on call the last two nights" Delilah says turning Sarah around. "I am free tonight what do you need?" "Great I was just wondering if you wanted to go out to dinner since it is our one year anniversary" Delilah says.

"I would love to" Sarah says smiling "good, I'll see you then" Delilah says walking away. Bailey then walks up to Sarah and sighs, "you ready?" she asks looking up at her first Intern ever. "Yep" Sarah sighs and they walk off. "Harder than you might think. This is Claire and Natalie. Camille Travis' friends" Bailey says as the four woman walk up to the interns, "Her very best friends in the whole wide world" Claire says with a high pitched voice.

"Girls, who exactly is Camille Travis?" Sarah asks looking towards them "Like, the Chief of Surgery's niece" Natalie says smiling, "And girls, what does the Chief of Surgery's niece want, exactly?" Bailey asks "Like, a prom" Natalie says, "No. Like, the best prom ever" Claire says. The interns look annoyed and slightly upset.

Right as Sarah was about to walk away she feels an arm grab her arm. "Sarah wait, I know you think I am incredibly stupid but just listen" Meredith says causing her sister to sigh and turn around, "Mer, listen, I understand. You just want to protect your friend. But what I don't think you understand is that they can stop you from practicing medicine before you even start. *Sarah sighs* Just please be careful and don't piss Bailey off anymore" Sarah says rubbing Meredith's shoulder.

Meredith nods and slightly smiles at her sister. Sarah then walks away hoping she wasn't to hard on her sister, even though Meredith did help with something stupid. The morning goes by in a mix of slow and fast. It finally hits lunch and Sarah smiles because she finished her surgery just in time to eat lunch. She walks to the cafeteria and spots Callie and Delilah already at a table. Sarah walks over to them and sits down while stealing some food off of Delilah's plate.

"There you are!" Lilah says as she leans over and kisses Sarah's cheek. "Hi, did you guys hear about the prom?" Sarah asks then takes a sip of her drink, "yeah" both woman reply. "Did either of you go to prom?" Callie asks, "yeah I went with a group of girls though, not an actual date" Delilah says smiling. "I never went to prom. I didn't really enjoy the idea of going to a cultish social gathering. I preferred just to stay home and read" Sarah says causing the two women sitting with her to look at her like she was crazy. "A cultish social gathering? seriously?" Callie asks trying not to laugh.

"Well that is what they were to me" Sarah says also trying not to laugh. Callie and Delilah bust out laughing causing Sarah to shake her head while smiling. "What are you three laughing about?" Addison asks as her and Derek walk over to the table, "Sarah just called a prom a cultish social gathering" Callie says causing Addie to look at Sarah with her eyebrows raised "oh wow" Derek laughs.

The five of them continue to talk and laugh until their lunch break is over. Sarah walks up to the nurses station and smiles at the two nurses standing there. Just then one of her interns walks up to her, "Dr. Grey you paged me" her intern Kate Jackson says, "Yes! I have chosen you to scrub in with me and Dr. Torres on our surgery" Sarah says and watches as Kate's eyes light up. "Thank you Dr. Grey!" "I will see you in the OR" Sarah says and walks away.

Sarah walks to the scrub room and starts scrubbing. After that she goes into the OR and looks around at her coworkers, "alright. Let's begin" Sarah walks up to the table and they start the surgery. As soon as Sarah is finished she walks straight to the Residents lounge to change into her clothes for her date. Once she is done, Sarah walks out and to the elevator where Derek is standing. "You look nice Sarah" Derek says and smiles at the young woman.

"Thanks Derek" Sarah smiles back at him. "Are you going to ask her tonight?" Derek asks looking to the young girl, "I think so! as long as she doesn't ruin it by stealing my thunder" Sarah says causing the two of them to laugh. The two walk onto the elevator and make small talk until the elevator stops on Derek's floor, where Meredith and Bailey get on.

"Someone looks nice" Meredith says causing her sister to laugh, "yes well Delilah and I are going out for dinner tonight to celebrate two years of knowing each other and one year of dating" Sarah smiles at the two woman. "A full year, seems like just yesterday you and her started out on a case together" Bailey says causing Sarah to smile wider at the memory. "Yeah! It feels like we have known each other our whole lives" Sarah says. The elevator then stops at the lobby causing all three woman to get off. Sarah waves goodbye to her sister and former resident and walks over to Delilah who is standing at the front door waiting for her.

"Wow! You look astonishingly bewitching" Delilah says causing Sarah to blush; "Thank you my love, you don't look to bad yourself" Sarah smiles and takes her girlfriends hand. The two walk out of the hospital and to Delilah's car. Delilah drives all the way to hers and Sarah's favorite Place. Once they get there, Sarah and Delilah walk hand in hand into the gazebo where there is a picnic waiting for them. "This is beautiful Lilah!" Sarah's eyes get wide as she sits down. "Just like our first date and the first lunch we had together when we met" Delilah smiles at Sarah.

Awhile later the two have finished eating and are sitting there talking about the past two years. "How about when your almost spilt coffee on Bailey!" Delilah says causing Sarah's cheeks to turn a bright red, "first off I didn't spill the coffee on her and in my defense I am extremely clumsy" Sarah says causing Delilah to roll her eyes and laugh. "This was amazing babe! I still can't believe you were able to do this!" Sarah says. Delilah smiles, stands, and walks over to Sarah and sits next to her. "That isn't the only thing" Delilah says causing the young girl to look into her lovers eyes, "What is it?" Sarah questions.

"Sarah you have been the greatest thing to ever happen to me! You are my bestfriend, the love of my life. My reason for waking up every morning. My reason for fighting each and every day. You are my person. You are the only person I look forward to seeing every day. So would you do me the honor of spending the rest of your life with me and becoming my wife?" Delilah asks holding out a small box with a beautiful ring. Sarah, with tears running down her face, smiles and laughs lightly. "You always have to steal my thunder don't you?" Sarah asks causing Delilah to look at her with questioning eyes. Sarah turns to her purse and pulls out a small box with a small ring inside it.

"I was going to ask you tonight but I suppose you beat me to it" Sarah laughs softly. "Well is that a yes?" Delilah asks looking to the young surgeon. "I will say yes if you do" Sarah smiles looking into the older surgeons eyes. "Then yes!" Delilah says as she pulls the ring out of the box and places it on her fiancés finger. Sarah smiles and does the same. Delilah then grabs Sarah's hands and pulls her up and pulls her into a passionate kiss. "I love you" Delilah says smiling, "I love you too" Sarah giggles and rest her head against Delilah's chest.

Sarah has Delilah drop her off at Meredith's house so she can talk to her sister. Sarah walks up the sidewalk and to the front door where she uses her key to get in. Once she walks in she sees her sister sitting on the couch with a bottle of tequila and a photo album. "You knew" Sarah says walking over to her sister and sitting on the couch, "of course I knew! Delilah had to ask for my blessing" Meredith says smiling her at her sister. "What did you say?" Meredith asks as she takes a sip out of the bottle, "I said yes" Sarah says and takes the tequila from her sister. The two spend the rest of the night drinking tequila and laughing.