002

Sarah smiles as she wakes up with Delilah's arms wrapped around her. Sarah lays in bed for a while not wanting to get up but that is soon ruined by the sound of her alarm. "Damnit" she mutters softly causing Delilah to chuckle softly "oh shut it Shepherd" Sarah says while cuddling closer to Delilah, "someone needs their morning coffee" Delilah says and kisses the top if Sarah's head.

Both women get up and get ready for the day. Delilah leaves the house first knowing she needs to be at the hospital early. Sarah walks out of her room after getting ready and walks downstairs. "You know what? I should just move in with Lilah then you three can enjoy the house" Sarah says walking into the kitchen causing Meredith to turn around and smile.

"Aww come on Sarah we aren't that bad" Izzie says causing Sarah to laugh. "No you aren't that bad but it's crowded and Lilah has her own place and has told me I could move in with her" Sarah says while pouring herself a cup of coffee. After they are all ready, Sarah, Meredith, Izzie, and George all head to the hospital.

Sarah walks into the residents lounge and changes into her scrubs. After doing rounds with her interns she gets a page from Dr. Bailey. Sarah goes and finds Dr. Bailey and smiles, "you paged" Sarah says. "Yes, you are on my service today so you know the drill" Bailey says and Sarah nods then gets to work reading through charts.

"Hey there's a new surgical case coming up from the pit. Likely diverticulitis. Let's go" Bailey says causing Sarah to follow but she stayed behind with Meredith.

"Watch it! Hands off me! I could report you to the chief and you'd be out on your ass" A woman yells causing Sarah to freeze. Meredith notices and looks to her sister "hey what's wrong?" Meredith asks "that is moms voice" Sarah says just as the others pull the gurney around the corner. "Where is the chief?!?" Ellis Grey yells "Patient's name is ...ah..." Cristina says stuttering "Where is the chief?!? You're all amateurs" Ellis yells

"complaining of intermittent cramping pain and diarrhea. Also suffers from ...ah..." Cristina trys to get the rest out. Sarah pulls Meredith kind of behind her knowing that this will most likely get ugly. "AMATEURS!" Ellis yells again "Alzheimer's." Cristina finally gets out the last part "Patient's name?" Bailey asks, Cristina stutters not sure whether she should say "Yang! Patient's name!" Bailey yells to Cristina. Ellis looks over and makes eye contact with Sarah

"What the hell are you doing here?" Ellis yells to the young doctor. Sarah immediately scurries away hiding behind an office corner with Meredith Following. "Haven't I told you two? How many times have I told you both not to bother me when I'm at work?!" Ellis yells at the two women causing Dr. Bailey and the others to stare at the two doctors hiding behind a corner. "Ellis Grey" Cristina finally says "Sarah and Meredith's mother." George says "You're amateurs! You're amateurs!" Ellis starts yelling again.

Sarah, not being able to take the yelling anymore goes to the resident lounge to hide. Soon that is interrupted by Bailey. "Are you able to work today?" Bailey asks looking to the young woman "Yes. I'm fine" Sarah says "Cause I would understand it if you wanted to be with your.." Bailey says

"No. It's just better if I'm working" Sarah says "Okay. Dr. Delilah Shepherd could use some help with her charts go help her" Bailey says causing Sarah to smile "thank you" She says causing Bailey to smile "of course. Now don't go telling my interns I went soft on you, I still want them scared of me" Bailey says causing Sarah to laugh lightly "yes ma'am" Sarah says and walks away

Sarah walks to the Chiefs office with her mothers chart in hand. "Welcome back chief" Sarah says smiling "It's good to be back, Dr. Grey. Uh what can I do for you?" Richard asks

"It's my mother sir." Sarah says and hand him the chart. Richard flips through it, looks at Sarah and sits down "I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I know you two are close. But she made me and Meredith promise. She seems to be reliving the heyday of her residency a lot these days. And I just thought maybe if you could stop by and say hello, it would mean a lot to her" Sarah says "Well of course. *stares at Sarah* Do you need a day off?" Dr. Webber asks

"Oh no. I'm fine" Sarah says smiling. She walks out of the room and heads to the nurses desk which is just a little ways away from her mothers room. "Hey" Delilah says softly as she stands next to Sarah. "Hi" Sarah says smiling slightly, "I heard about your mom. Are you okay?" Delilah asks "yeah I am fine. Just trying to get through the day" Sarah says causing Delilah to smile. "Come on let's go to lunch" Delilah says taking Sarah's hand "alright" Sarah says.

The two women start walking but Sarah stops noticing George struggling. "George" Sarah whispers causing him to turn around and walk out to her. "You just have to be patient." Sarah says causing George to sigh "Okay. Do you um... who's Thatch?" George asks

"My dad, Thatcher.... What did she... is she.... is she talking about him?" Sarah asks "Um...yeah. She's..." George says "She never talks about him" Sarah says. Delilah walks over and holds Sarah's hand knowing that a bunch of questions are running through Sarah's head. "You're, are you all right?" George asks "No, yeah, yeah. I'm good" Sarah says as George murmurs an okay. Sarah and Delilah walk away to go and eat lunch.

While sitting at lunch, Sarah barley touches her food. "Sar come on you need to eat" Delilah says just as Addison Montgomery-Shepherd sat down next to them. "I don't want to" Sarah says and looks to Addison, "how are you Addie?" Sarah asks trying to look away from Delilah. "I am okay, now why aren't you eating?" Addison asks "because Her mother is here" Delilah answers "and?" Addison questions "and her mother brought up her father. Ellis doesn't ever talk about Sarah's father" Delilah explains "oh okay" Addie says.

The rest of the day feels like it went by as fast as a snail moving. Sarah kept herself busy trying to avoid walking past her mothers room. Of course she had to sign some papers for her mother but that she didn't mind doing. Ellis may have been rough and sometimes okay okay always hard to deal with but Sarah loves her mother and deep down she knew her mother loves her and Meredith.

In fact when Sarah decided to be a surgeon and go to medical school, Ellis was the person she went to. Sarah wanted her mother to know about it and wanted her to understand that, that is what Sarah wanted to do with her life. True it took a bit of convincing but in the end she was happy her mother supported her.

Sarah walked to the nurses station to put the charts away that she was working on. She looks over at her mothers room and sees that her mother is sleeping. Sarah sighs and goes to change clothing so she can go home.

~~~~~~~~~

Word Count before Note: 1,244

Word Count after Note: 1,399

A/n I am so sorry for the late chapter! I kinda got stuck watching the show and just made it to season seven and realized that I should work on this story! Now I know that I gave a lot of the stuff to Sarah but that's the point. This story isn't just about Meredith. I truly love this show and wanted to add my own character.

Also I have been thinking about making an AU where Ellis and Richard did get together and Ellis never was diagnosed with Alzheimer's and stayed and worked at the hospital. As well maybe just taking this story and changing it to that. So like Sarah and Meredith would stay the same I mean everything would stay the same just Ellis and Richard happened and no Alzheimer's.

Let me know what yall think about my AU story idea!