32. Just for you

"Mom dad, sorry for not making it clear all this time. Meet my girlfriend Lee Y/n." Jin announced boldly raising our intertwined hands to show them. My mouth hung ajar at the sudden burst of confidence rushing through him. It was as if what he said was new news for me as well because I was unsure of our relationship status all this time. 

So I really am taken now? I have a boyfriend now?! This is probably a lucid dream. Just then I realized that everyone was looking at me, expecting some kind of self-introduction or something. I stuttered around for a few seconds and finally bowed. 

"Nice to meet you all, my name is Lee Y/n. My profession is modelling but I'm currently on a vacation. My hometown is in Busan where my parents are living and I'm living in Seoul right now in order to achieve my dreams of being a professional model. It was nice meeting you all, I sincerely hope we can get along well in the future." I said in one breath and stood up straight. Did I say too much or was it not enough information for me to pass for girlfriend? I looked at Jin's parent's facial expressions to find the answer to that. 

His mom looked relatively positive about this but honestly, his dad had no expressions at all which kinda gives off the red signal. It made me nervous. What if he didn't approve of me? I mean there are thousands of reasons for not doing so. For starters there's a huge gap between our social status, he might not like my vibe, he might not like my looks which is trash compared to that of his son. Also, there are 70% chances of him assuming that I'm a gold digger. 

The more I thought about it, the more anxious I grew. At a crucial moment like this Jin's dad's phone started ringing, he glanced at the caller ID and looked up at us.

"Excuse me, I have to take this call." He asserted and walked out of the room. The smile on my face faded away. He definitely does not like me. I looked up when Jin gave my hand a gentle squeeze.

"Don't take it to heart. Dad puts work before everything but he means no harm." He comforted me in a whisper. I nodded and started taking the plates to the sink but I didn't miss to notice the disappointment on Jin's mother's features though. 

 -Time skip-

"Y/n darling, we'd really be delighted if you stayed for dinner." Jin's mom said as I put my shoes on. 

"Thank you for asking but I really can't, I've got some chores waiting for me back at home." 

After finishing with the shoes I looked at Jin, "See you soon." 

"I'll drive you home." Jin declared reaching out for his jacket. 

"No need, the bus stop is just a 5 minutes walk from here." I insisted as Jin flashed me a look of concern. 

"Goodbye everyone, have a nice day." I wished and opened the door to exit. 

"Wait." 

I stopped taking any further steps when I heard a deep voice and turned around to find none other than Jin's dad standing behind me. It was the first time he spoke to me, no wonder where Taehyung got his voice from. My nerves only grew as he kept silent while his eyes inspected me. No one dared to speak. After that silence, his eyes finally met mine and it made me gulp.

I was mentally preparing myself for the face-to-face rejection. 

"If you can live away from your home to achieve your goals then I guess you're committed enough to take well care of my son." He said in a voice devoid of any emotions. Among everything I said, that's the only thing that actually caught his interest, workaholic indeed. 

Behind him, Jin looked at me in awestruck while his mom was quietly doing a victory dance. 

"Thank you so much for trusting me. I'll try not to fail you. Have a nice day, I'll take my leave now." I said in a calm voice. He nodded in response.