39. Meet up

Sorry man this chapter turned out to be kinda long :)

"No way! you looked so different before." I exclaimed pointing at the picture under the plastic covering.

"Of course I did, it's been almost 30 years since then." Mom answered in a 'duh' tone.

I continued flipping through the pages of the dusty photobook in amusement. Each page I landed on unfolded several memories that eventually got buried at the back of our head while trying to live in the present. Mom sat beside me as we continued reminiscing memories together.

"Omg, dad actually looks like a decent man in this picture and not like a sketchy guy from a dark alley who's after your kidney." I laughed out loud at my own thought making mom chuckle in agreement as well.

I continued leafing through the pages when a question thrived in my mind, "Mom why do you look so done with life in all your wedding pictures?" Mother heaved a sigh of disappointments as if she really had a reason behind it and if she did, I wasn't expecting that.

"I chose your dad among all the suitors because of his exceptionally pink blush lips, that's what made him stand out to me turns out he was wearing tinted lip balm all that time." She mourned.

"I know you can hear it from the living room dad!" I shouted out with a smile knowing no matter what dad was doing in the other room his ears were perked up to this side.

"Yes, I catfished your mom but ended up getting myself into permanent trouble," Dad said back from the other side of the wall making mom scoff. "Burneddddd," I couldn't hold myself back from saying it. What was I doing in Seoul all this time when I could experience such drama for free in Busan.

Mom rolled her eyes and picked up her phone. "Mom why do you keep going back to your phone, we're having a precious mother-daughter moment right now." I groaned out, she keeps on checking her phone from time to time instead of looking at the pictures with me. "Looking at these pictures is making my heart ache, I had such a fun life before I got married to a catfisher and gave birth to his emo daughter."

"You're no fun mother, you can't even make jokes."

"Well, I made you." Crickets chirped in the background.

"Oooooo burnedddd," Dad mocked out of nowhere from the living room making me flash a look of disbelief. Before I knew it mom was back to being on her phone, guess my presence is boring :")

"What are you doing?" I asked in curiosity noticing how she kept on smiling at her screen. "Looking at your photoshoot pictures, just kidding I'd rather go blind." She laughed at her own little comment making me sigh.

"You texting someone?" I questioned again watching how her fingers kept on gliding over her phone screen. She nodded and so I decided to go to my room and look for my phone as well. I fell on my bed and looked checked my phone, one new attachment message from Bestie Jin.

Bestie Jin: