O U T R O

Diamonds, pearls, ruffles of white, stone embedded veil, and a glittering tiara.

Nervousness washed over me as I gazed at my still reflection in the mirror. Who knew being clad in a wedding gown would take so much? The more I looked at myself the more it all felt unreal. I sighed for the third time in a row to cool my nerves down.

"The last time I checked, I didn't sign up to become a furnace's bridesmaid." The girl beside me, aka my bridesmaid, finally said aloud shuffling with the flowers in her hand. She's been inspecting my moves for a long time now.

"Which part of my beauty makes me look like a furnace?" I spoke for the first time in a while. Being with Jin was really rubbing off on me. 

"Then stop sighing like one." She retorted making me roll my eyes.

"I can't, this wedding shit is hella nerve-wracking."

"I don't understand you, if I was the bride I'd be looking forward to tonight's menu. Honestly, who cares about the wedding? it all comes down to the food. You'll find plenty of men in life but a royal wedding buffet comes only once." She tried to give me a piece of her mind.

"No wonder you and Jungkook are still not married yet." I shook my head in disappointment.

"Meh Jungkook is just obsessed with IU, he's engaged to me just so that I would cook his everyday meal. Lucky you, Jin oppa isn't like that."

"Jungkook is at least obsessed with IU but Jin, on the other hand, is obsessed with himself. Do you know? today I heard that he spent more time in the salon getting ready than me, can you believe that?" I said in disbelief.

"Dayum all men are weird, we girls should just stay single and go to BTS concerts." We both wholeheartedly agreed with her statement. The door creaked open catching our attention. A petite girl with soft curly hair came in, her pastel dress flowing with her actions.

"Can you two Y/ns stop bitching about your husband-to-be? it's time." Soyeon, my other bridesmaid, said in a disappointed tone and left.

The nervousness snapped back to me in an instant, Y/n noticed my tensed form and gave me a reassuring smile, "You can do it Y/n unnie or should I say Mrs. Kim?" She giggled handing me the flower bouquet and began straightening out my veil. Her words made me blush and take a deep breath.

Soon I will walk down the aisle to go to you.

My gloved hand squeezed the flowers in my hand when the piano began playing. An indication that it was my time to enter the aisle. As if following a rhythm, everyone stood up from their seats and expectantly looked at the entrance. Both of my bridesmaids took their positions on either side of me but a step back. 

"Let's go." Soyeon whispered. I gulped hard.

"Is my makeup okay?" I tried to recheck.

"Yes yes, I'm questioning my sexuality looking at you." Y/n reassured in a smug voice.

"What about my dress?"

"For God's sake, Jin will end up marrying another girl now if you keep standing here." Soyeon complained slightly pushing me.

I finally took my first step. All eyes diverted on me.

For the first time, I saw the outdoor venue, it was so beautiful. Vines and flowers were emerging from the trees looking as if it was raining flowers, flower petals were sprinkled all over the green grass. There were wooden benches on both sides and space in the middle making the aisle. Chandeliers sparkled from ribbons and a sweet smell of vanilla lingered in the air.