41. Our tour

Jin sat across from me on the sofa, a scene that I could only imagine if it were a few hours ago.  I looked at him through suspicious eyes, he noticed my gaze and sighed. I'm the freaking main lead of this book and the author really be making people pull strings behind my back.

"It all started a week ago." Jin began his explanation. My eyes went wide, a week?! He has been brainwashing mom with his charms for such a long time?

"I sent a person to your house after fishing out your Busan address to tell your mom everything about us so that she could help me get a hold of you." Jin said trying not to meet my gaze. I was shooketh, he really got some balls to go straight for mom. 

"A person? I can't really recall anyone interacting with mom a week ago except for that one day a parcel came in for her and she ended up talking to that delivery man for five hours cause apparently he brought in the wrong parcel-" 

"Yeah that delivery man was actually Jungkook in disguise........" 

My jaw fell. I looked at mom through eyes as wide as saucers. She gave me a small smile. Don't tell me, she was actually working as a spy under Jin all this time?

"How did you 'fish' out my Busan address?" 

"Oh ummm I actually kinda lowkey went to your workplace in Seoul hehe." Jin scratched the back of his neck and I mentally banged my head against the television. 

"So yeah I sent Jungkook and told him to meet your mom and tell her everything about our relationship, how we met, how we went on tours, and how we parted ways. I told him to tell her how I could no longer bear your absence and desperately needed her help to take you back."

"I remember seeing an actual parcel in Jungkook's hands though." I said trying not to look flustered. 

"That box had few pictures of me and us, an essay written by me thoroughly introducing myself, some of my magazines to convince your mother, my number for her to contact me and a box of chocolates because I'm a gentleman."  Jin proudly stated. 

It all made sense now. 

"So it was Jin whom you were texting all day and night and conspiring with instead of spending time with me?" I darted my gaze towards mom.

"Yeah of course." She stated the obvious, damn it was clear that she didn't feel guilty for ignoring me. 

"What did mom tell you?" I was almost taking an interview of Jin at this point.

"She constantly updated me on what you did all day, where you went, and which dude's crusty nails you painted."  Jin's tone became unbelievably sour by the end of the sentence. It made me shift on my seat and feel like a criminal. 

"That's how we both came up with a solid plan and tricked you into meeting me in the park cause obliviously you missed me like hell." Jin said in a playful tone ending his little explanation. 

"Huh you wish, I didn't miss you one bit. I even forgot you existed and planned to settle in Busan forever-"

"Liar, I saw the train ticket to Seoul for next week in your wardrobe." Mom cut me off. I squeezed my eyes feeling ashamed and Jin grinned from ear to ear. 

"Anyways, how was it texting Jin all that time?" I asked her, curious about how they got along so well that mom betrayed me, her own daughter. Who am I kidding? mom would sell me off for any random handsome man in the streets. 

"Texting him made me very happy cause now I can boast among the neighbors but for you, I couldn't save his number as son-in-law and had to choose something unsuspicious."