8. Choux cream

Jin was walking beside me. We were walking down the road, and I was still internally panicking because of his earlier words.

"What's with your sudden change of clothes?" I decided to speak up in order to distract myself from my flustered form.

"Oh, you noticed. Actually, I don't what I thought when I wore the suit yesterday, it felt so uncomfortable as well. That's why I decided to dress up casually today and also, I left my car because I want to look normal and not just drag that BMW everywhere, drawing attention. Learned from my mistakes you know?" Jin explained by making some sort of gestures with his hand.

I smiled at his cuteness, him trying to look like a normal person who just came to visit a stall and not a rich businessman, ohh speaking about which,

"That's so thoughtful of you, but may I ask what you do for a living?" I asked, slightly curious. The moment Jin heard my question, there was a significant change in his facial expression, something in between panicked and confused. He looked around for a good amount of time while I was just left confused.

What's there so much to think about? A person wouldn't take so long to answer such a question except if he/she is a drug dealer. Wait, is he-

"I'm a businessman." He replied hastily after a long pause. I raised both my eyebrows and looked in front.

Slowly as we were walking, the number of people was doubling indicating that we were nearing the food stalls. The place is crowded 24/7. I looked up at Jin, I don't know whether it's because I wanted to see his reaction or because I just wanted to look at him but either way his facial expression was priceless. He was looking up with a wide smile, the way the pink lights clearly reflected on his eyes like it were a still pond made the moment look so magical.

"Like what you see?" I whispered, slightly leaning towards him to make sure that my words had reached him.

"Love." He replied, looking down at me. I smiled at him before looking up as well.

The wind was blowing softly. Just as I had expected, not after long, a soft sweet scent started blowing with the wind. I inhaled the smell and almost immediately spotted the stall I had been expecting to see.

Luckily, since today is a working day, the queue is smaller than I thought it would be. We walked up to the line and stood there.

"Bungeoppang?!" I was waiting for Jin to erupt and here it is.

"Yeah, why? you don't like sweet?" I asked cautiously.

"Sweet? they are literally frying a fish, how does it look sweet to you?" He frowned, creeped out by my existence. I know he was continuously questioning my sanity, why do we always end up like this?

Aish this man sure has broad shoulders but his brain is pea-sized.

"Pabo, this not a literal fish rather it's a fish-shaped pastry, carp shaped to be more precise. Not only that, but it's also filled with red bean paste or pastry cream known as choux cream, as you wish. It is basically a happy snack here in Korea, especially in winter-" I was getting all passionate about my speech when Jin had to cut me off.

"Yay, since now I know its history starting from 1366, may we order our pastry?" He said with a tight smile earning a glare from me.

After glaring at Jin, I realized that it was our turn to order. Without wasting further time, I glanced at Jin.

"What filling do you want?" I asked him. Jin kept continuously switched his gaze from among the two options he had and at last, looked up. I thought that maybe he had finally made up his mind and was about to order but the next words that left his mouth were something quite different.