Chapter 19

Asher’s P.O.V:
I was so happy after spending some time with Alyne yesterday. It wasn’t an official date but for me, it was not less than a date. And today when my dad called me in his cabin early in the morning and said that he had something important to talk about with me and I thought it would be regarding the increased rogue activities near our and the neighboring packs thus, I never thought it would be regarding the formal luna introduction ceremony. I was at a loss of words listening to my dad because Alyne and I had just promised each other yesterday to take it slow and start it off as friends but now the Luna introduction ceremony meant I had to mark Alyne and which will be a huge step in our relationship and I was hundred percent sure that Alyne was not ready for this at all. I tried explaining to my dad that why not wait for another month or two but according to him, it was the right time to formally introduce Alyne to the pack and also handover the duties of an Alpha to me. This also meant that Chris would also take over the Beta’s position alongside me.
It was a lot to take in at this moment and if this is my condition after listening to my dad, I wonder how will Alyne react to all of this? And while I was wondering about how Alyne would cope up with the big news, when my dad tells me that we are going to Alyne’s house tonight for dinner and there he would also inform them about the proposal. I wanted to shout a big “No” but nothing was in my hands. My dad was still the Alpha and I had to obey him.
At Alyne’s house…
After everyone had settled down and were enjoying the snacks prepared by Alyne’s mom Christine, my dad brought up the topic. And the moment Alyne heard about it, she zoned out. I did not want her to think that I would force her to say yes to the ceremony, I just wanted her to decide it on her own without thinking about anyone and just listen to her heart. I didn’t want her to feel pressurized yet here I was unable to do anything against all the odds. And then I got the second biggest shock of the day when Alyne agreed to the ceremony. Like her parents were very much happy but Chris wasn’t as he was worried about Alyne. Even I was and thus I wanted to ask her, ‘If she was alright? And why did she agree to whatever my father said?’ But I couldn’t get a chance to do that because before I could even make an attempt to talk to Alyne, Christine called us for dinner, and while having dinner I noticed that she wasn’t eating instead was just playing with the food. So I asked her through the mind link if everything was okay? And she answer’s in a monotone that, ‘Yes, everything is fine and she just doesn’t have the appetite today.’
And I was pretty much helpless in this situation, nor could I cancel the ceremony nor could erase all of Alyne’s fears. I just had to wait and watch what the destiny unfolds in front of us.
Alyne’s P.O.V:
Today was a busy day, wherever my eyes roamed, I could see everyone running around busy in the preparations for the ceremony because everyone was excited and wanted everything to perfect without any mistakes. I was not allowed to do anything even my dress, sandals, and accessories for the ceremony were sent by Asher’s family. I just had to wear them, look beautiful and presentable and attend the ceremony on time without fail. And because I did not have much to do, I thought to take Irene for a run in the woods nearby the lake. We both liked the peaceful atmosphere over there.
The run through the woods was exhilarating and fun, and Irene enjoyed every moment of it. Now sitting by the lake, I was thinking about the times when I disliked Asher so much that I avoided him at all costs then came a time where we had learned to behave civil with each other because of our parents or Chris, and then now we were mates and today he was going to mark me as his. I don’t what the future held for us but I just hope that we should be able to overcome every obstacle together.
Lost in my thoughts I didn’t pay much attention to my surroundings but suddenly I could hear some noises as if someone was passing by and there was some rustling noise but before I could pinpoint on to where was the sound coming from it vanished, I even tried sniffing the air to trace the smell if there was any but I couldn’t find anything. Everything went back to how peaceful and silent it was, there was nothing, absolutely no noises. Having no other option, I just shrug my shoulders thinking that I might have hallucinated and have thought that something or someone was present but anyways I get ready to go back home for the ceremony because it was almost time and I also had to get ready for the ceremony.

Here's another chapter. Happy Reading. Keep the love coming 💜