Chapter 37

Asher’s P.O.V:
However I see… see everything burning suddenly and turning into ashes. Slowly the fire even consumes the King underneath me, but nothing happens to me and that is when I notice that I was protected inside a blue energy bubble that kept me away from the fire. I could hear the King and his men’s cries of agonies and the sound of fire burning everything around. I knew who did it, but why did she do it? She was already weak. I have to go to her right now and also find Chris. I start running to where Alyne was only to see her trying hard to stand on her feet while Chris lying unconscious by her side.
Alyne’s P.O.V:
After I came back to the battlefield, what I saw horrible. My brother was hurt and that King was now planning to kill my mate, he will never escape this and I will make sure of it. And the moment he pulls the trigger of the gun I run over there with all my might and transform into my white wolf mid – air. And gladly I’m able to save my mate from being hit with the silver bullet but in return I’m hit in the stomach, I was already low on energy because of the wolfsbane injected earlier and then over exhaustion of my powers but I just hope that Moon Goddess will help me save my mate, brother and pack from this vicious King, also as the time for the Blood Moon is nearing, I hope I will be able to gain back my powers.
And because I was already weak, I couldn’t take the impact of the silver bullet and fell on the ground with a loud thud. And then everything went blurry in front of me, I could not understand what exactly was happening but I could feel that Chris took me away and laid me down besides the huge tree and then he went back to help Asher. I could hear the cries of pain although unable to figure out who was the one hurt. Suddenly I could feel more pain than ever in my heart and I knew that Asher was hurt and I try hard to get up but fail to do so but I knew I had to do something. So ask Irene to help me gather all my strengths at one place, so that I can stand back up and help my mate and my pack from the danger they are in.
Luckily with the Blood Moon starting in just sometime, and blessings of the Moon Goddess and Irene’s help I was able to gather all my strength and stand up on my feet. I slowly walk a bit more near to the tree and peep at the battlefield only to find Asher on top of the King but King was choking Asher as his claws dug deep into his neck. And seeing my mate hurt, I saw red. I wanted to destroy everything and everyone around and as soon as I started moving towards Asher, I saw my injured brother coming towards me and fall down even before I could hold him.
And that was it, the King and his men had done a huge mistake challenging the warrior of the Moon Goddess and hurting her loved ones and now they will see the wrath of her. I close my and along with Irene I first calm myself down to focus on my energy. I first create a safety bubble around Chris and Asher and then hold up my hands and release fire from my palms to burn down each and everything including the King and his army of rogues. I could clearly their pains of agonies and that felt good because that is why he and his people deserved for hurting my loved ones. Once the whole areas was lit up in fire, I could see Asher running towards me but now I could hardly hold myself up because I suddenly felt that my body was lit up in fire just like the wood was burning in front of my eyes and I knew that the full Blood Moon had already started and I was in heat and by the time, Asher reached me, I passed out unable to bear the pain of the heat and the exhaustion of over exercising my powers.
At the packhouse…
Asher’s P.O.V:
After Alyne passed out, I gathered my remaining warriors and go back home along with a passed out Alyne and Chris. While on the way back we also meet Kiara who had fallen asleep inside the circle created by Alyne. But the moment she could smell Chris, she stood up with a jolt only to find him injured and passed out. She goes in a frenzy seeing Chris hurt, it was obvious because of the mate bond even if they haven’t shared any intimate moments yet. After we came back to the packhouse, Dr. Evelina was immediately called in to check on Alyne, Chris and me as well.
Chris was directly taken into the operation theatre to stitch him up and treat all his wounds by Dr. Evelina’s assistant while I took a whimpering Alyne into my room followed by Dr. Evelina. Once I laid her on my bed, Dr. Evelina came by to check Alyne and then said, “Alpha, Luna is in heat but also severely injured thus you won’t be able to complete the mate bond yet. Although, we have a way to help her out of the distress and pain.”
I nod my head as gesture for her to continue speaking. And so she does, “Alpha firstly I will treat your wounds and give some painkillers and an antidote of wolfsbane so that you can recover fast and then in the meanwhile one of the omega’s can take Luna and lay her down in the tub filled with ice cold water, it will help her with the heat somewhat, you can also comeback later and stay by her side by holding her hands as even a tiny bit of skin contact with the mate will help her bear the pain. And I shall also give some medicines and disinfect her wounds and take out the silver bullet, so that she can recover faster.”
I just nod my head unsure of anything at this moment, so she hold my hands in her old warm ones and says, “Believe me Alpha, our Luna is strong and she will overcome this very soon. It is also the Blood Moon today and she is a warrior of the Moon Goddess, so after all the precautionary measures are taken she will be back to normal and all good. It just a matter of another 6-7 hours. Her wolf is still strong trying to help her cure faster. Don’t worry.”
Having nothing else to say, but just hope for the best, I follow Dr. Evelina out of the room to get myself treated because if I wanted to help Alyne and be by her side, I had to recover soon and that was only possible when I get myself treated as soon as possible.

And I still can't believe that we are almost at the end. Just one more chapter to end. Please continue giving this book all your love like you all have been doing all this time. Thank you for all the love and support. Happy Reading guys 💜