Chapter 33

Asher’s POV:
The moment the ground opened with an entrance leading downwards, we were sure that it was the place where the King was hiding. Chris and I hold our breaths and start walking downstairs and five steps into the underground tunnel and I could already smell Alyne all over the place, and that brought immense happiness to Rey and me as we sensed our mate close by us finally, so I was eager to go and meet, hug and kiss Alyne senselessly, thus I turned around to tell Chris that Alyne was kidnapped and kept here, I saw him transfixed in one position and he was trying hard to not let Grey take over. I nudge him on the shoulder and what he says next makes me shocked as well. He says in a hardened voice, “Mate. My mate is somewhere Asher.”
Obviously, I was shocked because I never expected Chris to find his mate here at the King’s hiding place, where Alyne was brought after being kidnapped, whom he was searching for so long. Well, now I feared for the King’s life because not only he had to face my wrath for kidnapping my Alyne but also Chris for kidnapping his kid sister and his mate (if that was the case with her as well), and also I was sure that my mate would have already done some serious damage to the King for keeping her here against her will because she wasn’t the one whom one should mess with.
So we continued walking down the steps and suddenly it was not only Alyne’s scent that I could smell but also suddenly I could feel some pain in my gut as if someone threw a punch at me, and I knew that Alyne was being punched, this boiled my anger even more and so I rush down the stairs only to find that the King was kneeled down on the floor holding his chest while Alyne was finding it difficult to stand straight while some girl tried hard to hold her straight. And the moment I reached the scene, Alyne lifted her eyes to look at me, and relief washed over her eyes. And this gave me immense satisfaction although I was now scared for health because I could clearly see that she had over-exhausted herself by using her power to it’s full extent while being injected with wolfsbane.
Chris’s P.O.V.
I have been tensed since the time Alyne was kidnapped and my wolf Grey also seemed on the edge most of the time, which I didn’t understand because I know that just like me he was also worried about Alyne’s safety but there was more to his worry or edginess and I couldn’t understand that. Even when we got the letter from the King sent via an eagle there was a very alluring scent attached to the letter that yet again sent my wolf in a frenzy. And I wanted to trace that scent as soon as possible but as we moved forward and reached the place where I saw Alyne’s broken watch, Grey grew impatient every minute. And then the moment we stepped inside the underground chamber which was a possible hiding place of the King a very strong scent filled with white rose flavors wafted through my nose and I stood still when Grey started shouting, “Mate, Mate. Bro our mate is here along with our sister. We have to find them as soon as possible.” I just nod and rush down the remain steps along with Asher who was also very eager to meet and hold Alyne in his arms. But when we reached the end of the steps we could see a guy with a strong build and red eyes kneeling on the ground holding his chest while Alyne was trying very hard to keep her balance while a girl with straight honey brown hairs and almond-shaped eyes tried hard to make Alyne stand straight. And looking at the brown-haired girl, my heartbeats increased and I was lost in appreciating the beauty of my mate, and also just being able to look at her made me shed a few tears without anyone noticing because I met my mate when I had almost lost all hopes of meeting her in this lifetime, but I was glad that the Moon Goddess gave me a chance to meet her, protect her and love her for the rest of my lives.
And soon enough my mate looked up with shock-filled eyes, knowing that I was her mate but also thought that we were the King’s men whom they wished to stay away from. This thought of hers made me chuckle, so to help her calm down I ask for Alyne’s help. I mind link Alyne but the first thing that I ask was whether she was ok, she nods her heads listening to my voice and this gives me some relief and then I ask her to calm down my mate who was standing beside her but the moment I say my mate her eyes become wide as saucers and then a small smile plays on her lips and decides to calm my beautiful mate by explaining to her that I was her brother while the one other guy was her mate and the future Alpha and Beta of her pack. And this brought a sense of relief in her.
Although our happiness didn’t last long when the King felt our presence behind him, he stood up straight even though he had difficulty in doing so, well he deserved it for hurting my sister and my mate.

Here it is.....another chapter. Hope you guys like it. Keep the love coming. Happy Reading 📚 lots of love