Chapter 11

The moment I open my eyes they meet with Asher’s electric blue ones and I get lost in them. But soon enough I jerk back to the reality that he is my mate and I look away. I did not know what to do anymore. Firstly I was never excited to have a mate and secondly I never thought that freaking Asher would be my mate. I mean like seriously Moon Goddess, you selected Asher as my mate? Why? What wrong did I do to get him as my mate?
But I knew cribbing about it won’t help, and I have to figure out a way to solve this. So I sit straight and look towards Asher who is deep in his thoughts, so to gain his attention I snap my fingers in front of his face and he jerks back to reality. In order to talk properly, I needed to calm myself down, thus I closed my eyes and breathed in and out deeply for two seconds and then started talking. “Since when did you know that I was your mate? And answer all my questions truthfully, I don’t want to hear any lies, do you get that?” And he replies, “Yes I won’t hide anything from you anymore. And I knew that you were my mate since my 21st birthday.”
And I was confused and enraged listening to this, I mean first, he actually accepted what I asked him to do without putting up any fight and secondly he had the freaking guts to hide all of this from me, his mate. What else was he hiding? I have to know everything. And so I continue with my interrogation, “Who else knew about this thing? Me being your mate?” He was stuttering while answering, like ‘The Great Asher’ was stuttering. “Ahh…About th..that well, other than me not many people know about it.” I was growing impatient with each passing moment so I growl loudly, “Yes, I know that not many people know about it, but who are those people? I want to know their names.” And he takes a deep breath before answering, “My parents and your parents and Chris. Rest no one else.”
And the moment I heard this I saw red, I was furious, my own family betrayed me. My parents, Chris everyone took his side instead of mine. No one ever felt the need to tell me about all this when I freaking am a part of it. I was angry but more than that I was hurt that how could my family do this to me? Did they not love me anymore and I knew couldn’t stay there anymore, I had to get out and sort out my feeling because otherwise, I would do something stupid which I might regret later on. So I get out of the bed and growl out loud to Asher, “I’m going out and I don’t want you to come behind me, nor would I want to see anyone of your faces including my family. So you all better stay out of it and it’s a warning DO NOT FOLLOW ME.” And I run away before Asher could stop me or say something to me.
I run, run and run, far away from everyone and everything, I let Irene take control and shift into my silver Woolf. We run and don’t until we reach the lake in the middle of the woods, it was early in the morning and the sun was not out yet and you can see the beautiful crescent moon shining brightly spreading its shadow over the lake. I first take a dip in the lake to cool myself off and then after a good fifteen-minute bath I come out and sit on the grass. The cool, serene atmosphere makes me think about a lot of things starting from the hurt that I felt because my family hid such an important thing from Asher being my mate to all the happy and sad times spent with my family. It was like a flashback going on and involuntarily tears started rolling down my eyes. I hated this, I didn’t want to cry, I was stronger than this but yet here I’m crying my heart out over the pain received by my family. I know it was wrong of me to judge them without knowing about their reasons but I just couldn’t ignore the betrayal that I felt.
Eventually, it was a tough day for me and all of the emotional stuff made me exhausted and I fell asleep by the lake in my Woolf form only, I woke up only when the sun rays hit my face directly letting me know that it was morning already. After I woke up, I headed straight home and the moment I entered, my mom, dad, and Chris rushed towards me asking “If I’m alright?” I just nod and go to my room, take a quick shower, change, and again go out of my house. I also switch off my phone because I wanted to be alone and I was not interested in talking to anyone nor family, Asher, or even my friends.

Enjoy the next chapter. Happy reading 💜