Chapter 25

Alyne’s P.O.V:
Our kissing session had turned out into a full blown hot makeout session by now but we were interrupted suddenly by a loud growl behind us. Asher and I both became extremely cautious and looked at our surroundings for the potential danger and saw a pair of bright red pair of eyes intensely staring back at us from a distance. We tried sniffing the air to catch a scent if possible but the werewolf had hidden his/her scent with precision as if having years of practice. So Asher decided to call out the werewolf and know the reason behind their appearance in our territory. Asher says loudly “Who are you And What are you doing in my territory?” The person chooses not to answer, instead turns back and runs away, Asher and I quickly chase behind him but couldn’t trace him as he vanished away into thin air.
We decide to go back to packhouse and let others know about the strange occurrence of a werewolf and also to interrogate the rogue that we had caught on the ceremony day. After telling everyone about what had happened in the woods, Asher and Chris went to the prison to interrogate the rogue while I decided to go back home and freshen up. After having a relaxing hot shower, I went downstairs only to find my mom and the Luna walk towards the kitchen talking about something unaware of my presence in the house. I also quickly tiptoe behind them into the kitchen asking, “What are you all doing?” To which my mother gives me a nice smack on the head for scaring them, but I roll my eyes and say, ‘Mom for god sake you are the Beta female, you can use your strong hearing and smelling sense, you know?’ And I run away to the living room to escape her smack once again.
With my strong hearing, I could listen to whatever mom and the Luna were talking about while preparing dinner for everyone. Seeing the Luna at our place, I had figured out that today Asher’s family is going to have dinner at my place and this thought itself made me miss Asher even though I had met just like an hour back. A few minutes later I see dad entering while talking to someone over the phone and he seems worried and stress, though I don’t know the exact reason behind it like yes he was worried about the safety of the pack, and then we did not even know what the King wanted from us? Why was he ready to hunt us all down? Lost in my thoughts and waiting for the others, I fell asleep on the couch. I woke up to Asher’s voice when he was calling me for dinner.
I was tired from all the events happening since yesterday, and the same was the case with others. All of them seemed tired with no proper food and sleep, so my mom had asked Asher’s family to stay at our tonight and they seemed to agree to it, I don’t know why though? Anyways after dinner, Alpha asked us to be seated for a few more minutes as he had something important to say. And that is when he tells all of us that the King is after me, he wants me as his mate and the bearer of children as I was a rare werewolf with fire powers within her. This made me feel scared and disgusted. I didn’t want to be someone else’s mate and mother of their pups, I had my mate for that given to me by the Moon Goddess. The Alpha continues to speak as he explains what their further plans are if the King decides to attack our pack, so forth, and so on but I zone out right after I got to know that the King was after me.
I was lost in thoughts and I had failed to notice when everyone had stopped talking and were looking at me, I was brought back to reality when Chris called my name to ask me if I was even listening to what they were saying? I just nod and he continues, “Alyne you don’t have to worry at all. We are going to protect you from that King, but just make sure to be safe and alert all the time and to contact or mindlink anyone of us even our moms when you sense any kind of danger around. I know that you can very well take care of yourself but please do as we say at least for now. Ok?”
If it were some other time, then I would have made a fuss about it but knowing the situation and their care for me, I reply with a simple ‘Yes, I would. Don’t Worry.’ They seemed to calm a bit listening to my reply because even they might have not sensed that I would so easily agree to whatever they had to say. And now with all the discussions done, for the time being, we all decided to rest early as we had a long day ahead tomorrow as not only we had to find out what was the King planning to do but also the 48 hours time limit was also going to end tomorrow so we really did not know what lay ahead of us. And with that mom and dad go to their room while the Alpha and the Luna are shown the guest room while Chris goes back to his room and so do Asher and I.

Hello peeps, this might seem as a filler chapter but I guarantee you that the next chapter is going to be very interesting. So please stay tuned and till then Happy Reading 😁💜