Chapter 24

Asher’s P.O.V.
After all the confession sessions I knew I had to talk with Alyne and clear everything out for and all but the moment I thought to do so Alyne suddenly stood up from the couch and bolted out of the office. I knew I had to go behind her so without wasting any time I run off behind her and while doing that I also simultaneously mindlink Dad, Chris, and Mr. Roger stating that the puzzle is solved and the answer to the puzzle was none other than Alyne. And I did not wait for their reactions instead ran towards where my mate ran. She was running towards the woods, and although she had not shifted into her wolf form her scent was pretty strong so it was easier for me to find her and soon enough she stopped by the lake to relax and sat at the edge of the bank. I followed suit and quietly sat beside her, she felt my presence beside her but chose not to react. A few minutes pass by in silence and no dares to make the first move but suddenly Alyne starts speaking while I keep quiet and let her continue. She says, “ The first time I discovered my powers, I got scared and thought that something was wrong with and thus couldn’t stop crying for hours but later on got calmed down when dad told me that he had contacted one of the elders from mom’s pack as he did not want anyone to know in ours and the elder had said that although it is not very common but it is also not a totally new thing as there have been wolves with such powers. And at first, I wasn’t able to control my powers but eventually with practice, I learned how to control it, though when I’m angry my power radiates off me and I emit fire. And just like Chris said that we kept it a secret because they didn’t want to have a troubled life, even Brianna and Peter don’t know about it.”
And I knew I had to ask her this question here that I’m different from them, I’m her mate. She should have told me. So I ask her, “But I’m your mate Alyne, you could have at least told me.” She continues, “ I know I should have told you, but I couldn’t I was afraid that you might not want a mate with such powers who might even harm you, and then when I got to know that you are mate it was already difficult for us with the kind of troubled relationship that we were sharing and then something or the other thing kept on happening and I never got a chance to tell you about it.”
I felt heartbroken listening to all this that she had so many doubts bolted up in that pretty head of hers but never thought to share it with me and why would she think that I would not want her? And Rey chooses to answer the question, he says “That’s because of you idiot. Did you forget how you used to bully her back then.?” I roll my eyes and answer ‘No I didn’t’. Then I look towards Alyne who was again lost in her thoughts so I pull her closer to me, she seemed a bit alert at first but slowly calmed down in my embrace and then run my nose along the slender neck and give a peck at my mark which looked like a beautiful tattoo, this seems not to calm down Alyne but also her wolf Irene and I could feel it through the bond. A few minutes later I start talking again, “Remember one thing Alyne, you are my mate and no one can change this fact and I accept you the way you are. Yes, I know that I might have bullied you in the past for your looks but it was never intentional and if it has hurt you then I’m deeply sorry. But in reality, I have always liked you for the way are you strong and beautiful who doesn’t care about others' opinions and always does what she wants to do. And this fact is not going to change ever. I like you for who you are and always will.” And then kiss her on the forehead.
She starts sobbing, burying her face on my chest, and mutters ‘Thank You, Asher. Thank You for accepting me the way I’m.” I just nod my head. Some minutes pass by in silence and then Alyne suddenly looked up and that’s when things suddenly become hot. I look at her luscious plump lips and I wanted to kiss her senseless then and there but I did not know whether Alyne would be okay about it or not. So to calm me and Rey down I bury my face on Alyne’s shoulder near her neck but that only seems to ignite my desire more and I couldn’t stop myself from asking Alyne that would she burn me up if I kiss her now?
Alyne started laughing listening to my question and I was like what? She chooses not to answer verbally instead she kisses me. Yes you heard it she initiated the kiss and I was beyond happy. And the kiss started slowly at first and we were trying to pour out all our feelings into it but slowly it heated up and now we were fighting for dominance and I must agree I was pretty much enjoying this wild side of my beautiful mate.

Sorry for the long wait but here it is!! Happy Reading 🥰