Chapter 14

After we reached home, I asked Asher to join us for dinner because I wanted to solve all my doubts for once and all, so that I could focus on my career which seemed to have been thrown at the side since the day I found out that Asher was my mate. And when I asked him to join us for dinner he was confused that, why was I asking him to spend more time with my family and me? But I cleared all his confusions and told, "Don't worry, it is just for today, there is a rare chance of it ever happening again. I'm being polite to you right now because I have matters to solve and doubts to clear." And he just nods his head and we enter my house.
A few minutes later at the dinner table, there was pin-drop silence, everyone eating their food in silence. I was also waiting for everyone to get done with their food and then start with the discussion because I didn't want anyone to be hungry while we talked. Because it was going to be some serious discussions. After having a full-fledged meal I asked everyone to stay seated because I had to discuss a few things. I cleared my throat and asked, "Look let's talk it out. Tell me everything from the time when Asher found out I was his mate to you guys deciding to keep it hiding from the whole pack until yesterday and the reason behind doing so."
And Asher starts, "Alright let me start because it starts with me when I first get to know about the fact that you are my mate." He continues further, " Everyone was excited for my 21st birthday, obviously why wouldn't they be their future Alpha was going to turn 21 and also might find his mate and their Luna. At first, I wasn't paying much attention to all of that but as time passed by I myself started eagerly waiting for my birthday so that I could meet my soulmate, and then eventually it was my Birthday. There was a party arranged just like yours, everyone was invited, I hope you remember this." I just nod and let him continue. "Yeah so, at the party everyone was eagerly waiting for the clock to strike midnight so that I could find my mate and when that did happen, I got the biggest shock of my life. I found out you are my mate. I was astonished because the first thought that came to my mind after seeing you was, 'What? Chris's kid sister is my mate?' Not in any derogatory sense but that is how I had perceived you always being Chris's kid sister. And then finally when I could at least wrap this fact around my head that Ok Alyne is my mate, there came a bigger question and that was we were never on good terms if not for our families, so how were we to deal with this thing? And would you even believe me if I said that I'm your mate, forget about accepting me as your mate? And thus, I decided that I would keep it a secret from everyone till your 21st birthday but I couldn't do it alone, so I asked our parents and Chris to help me out in this and they did it understanding the condition of our relationship."
I just stare at him blankly having nothing to say to him or anyone after his explanation. And suddenly it all made sense that, why did Asher suddenly become interested in my life? Why did he care so much for me? Or got scared when I was injured? But even if it all made sense now, it was difficult for me to accept everything at once all together, I needed time and that is what I asked for from all of them. "Look, I know it all makes sense right now regarding what you all did and why but still it's difficult for me to accept everything and act normal as if nothing happened in the first place, so it's a kind request that I'm making, Please give me some time and space to accept everything and get used to it." When I said this Chris was the first one to answer, " Firstly I'm sorry Princess for hiding all of this from you for so long but you have to understand it was for your own good and secondly take as much time as you want but remember one thing, We are always there for you but it is you who has to take the first step only then we can help you."
I knew what he was talking about, so I just nod and then wish them goodnight and go to my room because the tiredness was kicking in now and I needed a good sleep before I go out and solve my issues with Asher because after listening to him today one thing was clear that, 'Rejecting him or running away from him was not an option instead it was better to stand in front of him and fight with him.'

Another Chapter is here, enjoy reading.