Chapter 36

Asher’s P.O.V.:
With Alyne and Kiara out of the scene, Chris and I felt a sense of relief that they were far away from this filthy place. When I became a cover for them to run away from here, the King went crazy seeing Alyne running away from him and he being able to do nothing but that doesn’t mean he stops there. No he doesn’t stays quiet by not doing anything, instead he crazily starts attacking our warriors while making his way towards me. I brace myself for a nasty fight but that never happens as I see Chris jumping on the King from the behind, making him fall on the ground. And we take this as an opportunity to move away from him and gather all our men in a semi - circle, so that it would be easier for us to fight.
The King is not happy with the little stunt of ours and throws the silver knife pointed at Chris that he may have taken from the bulky guy when Alyne and Chris had attacked him earlier for escape. And the knife goes and pierces right into Chris’s abdomen and he howls in pain while clutching his abdomen hard and almost falling on the ground, I quickly come to his aid and pull the knife out of his abdomen because the more it would stay in Chris’s body, the more weak Chris would become. Chris tries hard to stand straight but is not able to do as blood oozes out from his abdomen and as soon as I try to help him stand, unaware of the fact the King had already pointed the gun with silver bullets at me, the gun with which I had to kill him. I don’t know when and how I lost the gun but may during the fight earlier with his rogue forces and now not only had he pointed the gun at me, he was also ready to pull the trigger any moment now and he does it the moment I try to move towards Chris to help him to a safe corner but the bullet never reaches me instead I see Alyne running towards us and suddenly transforming into her white wolf mid - air, while the bullet pierces into her stomach and she falls onto the ground with a loud thud.
The sight of my mate falling down on the ground with a bullet right into her stomach by the vicious King sent me in a frenzy and Rey went into a beast mode and we started killing everyone who came near us. While Rey and I were busy killing all the rogues around us, I saw Chris slowly crawling towards Alyne, and he is able to get a hold of her. Chris then mindlinks me that he will try and take Alyne behind the huge tree, that was near the rocks while I should cover them up. This fact that Chris was with Alyne relaxes me but that doesn’t quietens down my quest for revenge against the King. He will have to die today for hurting my Alyne. I could see Alyne whimpering in pain while an injured Chris dragged Irene with lots of difficulty near the tree.
Once Chris safely laid her down, he came and took his position beside me to fight the King. At first the failed to notice that Chris had managed to take Alyne away as he was still in a stance shocked due to Alyne’s sudden appearance as a white wolf and then my murder spree of killing his rogues. But to bring King out of the stance, we see his right hand man, the bulky guy approach him and whisper something in ear, which brought the King back to his senses and he was angry to see how the tables had changed. When he looks around the only thing that he could see was the destruction of his army, with now only a handful remaining, who will soon vanish off into thin air for hurting my mate. I could feel Alyne’s pain through the mate bond and that made me even crazier. Suddenly I couldn’t find the bulky guy anywhere, where did he go within the blink of an eye? I slowly concentrate on my hearing to locate the bulky guy and I could sense him approaching us from the behind like a coward that he was. I mindlink Chris letting him know about the coward approaching from the behind, and that I had feeling that he was here to attack Chris so that his master could attack me.
And exactly that is what happened the moment the bulky guy came from behind to attack Chris and turned around and punched the guy in his gut, thanks to his fast reflexes. While I get distracted and let my eyes roam around towards Chris, King takes that as a chance to attack me and fires the silver bullet at me, and fortunately I’m able to dodge it but it still grazes right through my left arm and I lose my balance because of the impact. But I somehow manage to balance myself and stand straight. But the King was happy seeing us in our weak state and laughed the evil’s sinister laugh.
This was the last straw of my patience which went off the moment the King dared to fire at me, he fired at an Alpha and he will definitely have to face the consequences now. Rey was angry and so he takes over and comes out as a wolf and pounces on the King. The moment I let Rey pounces on the King, he also quickly transforms into the big wolf with bright red eyes.
The moment King transforms into his wolf, I scratch him with my claws on his right shoulder, soon enough he also manages to scratch my left front claw which was already injured because of the silver bullet. I wince in pain but keep my composure calm, so that I could attack the King in return and get back the gun with silver bullet that was lying on the ground a bit far away from where we were currently. In order to reach the gun I had to bring the King underneath me, so that I could easily reach the gun but it wasn’t so easy as the King was strong and I was becoming weak with each passing minute because of the silver bullet that grazed through my skin but not only that the bullet was covered in wolfsbane and now it had started affecting me after mixing with my blood.
I still somehow manage to claw out a piece of skin from the King’s body near the stomach, which leaves him groaning in and I take this opportunity to get him underneath me so that I could reach the gun but before I could do that the king attacked me and he held my neck tightly and started choking me, I tried hard to fight back but am unable to do so, my body has become weak because of the wolfsbane and loss blood. I’m trying hard to move but all my attempts go into vain and the King is able to dig his nails deeper into my neck and blood oozes out but before I could try another attempt of fighting against the King, however I see…

Here's another update and we are almost at the end. So keep your fingers crossed and Happy Reading 💜🎊