Chapter 15

It's been a week since the day I had ‘the talk’ with Asher and my family and since then I have been trying to avoid Asher at all costs, it’s not like I did not want to solve all our misunderstandings but I did not have the guts to do so. I was scared of what the future held for us. Well, like I said I wasn’t making any move to talk to Asher at all, I even declined all his calls and ignored all his messages, so finally, Asher decides to take a step closer to me.
Today was a tiring day at college because it was our final year we had lots of assignments and presentations to do and today was one such day where we had to run from one professor to another and get our stuff done. By the time college was over, I was tired as fuck and today like an idiot I had not brought my car instead came walking to college because was pretty good out there. Anyway it seems like I have to ask Peter or Brianna for a ride back home. And so I messaged both of them asking who could give me a ride home? Within minutes I got their replies where Brianna said, ‘She could not because she was not yet done with her work and had to stay back for some more time’ but Peter said, ‘He will be done in 10 minutes and asked me to meet him at the parking lot’. I was happy listening to this because now I did not need to walk back home.
At the parking lot, I was waiting for Peter near his car busy listening to music so I did not pay attention when a certain person had entered the parking space and had sneaked up behind me. I could only understand when that particular fragrance hit me, Asher’s scent. And I was stunned as to what and why was he here? I swiftly turn around and ask him ‘Why was he here?’ To which he says that he had some work with the principal regarding increasing the security at the college and its nearby area due to the increase in the rogue attacks. And I just nod, and then I turn around giving him no attention thinking that he might leave but no such thing happened. He was waiting beside me so I asked him whether he was waiting for someone and he replied, ‘You’. And I’m like me? Why? To which he replies “It seems you are waiting for someone as well. So who is it?"
And even before I could answer Peter came running and said, “Let’s go Alyne, I’m so sorry for making you wait, I just got caught up in some last-minute corrections.” And he was going on and on without noticing Asher and the look on Asher’s face was priceless. He couldn’t understand should he be angry or laugh at Peter about how he was speaking nonstop. I had to take matters into my hand before something weird or unwanted things happened because my friends were still unaware of the fact that Asher was my mate. It was not like I didn’t want to tell them but I didn’t have the courage to, I was scared of the fact that they all will tease me because they knew how much I hated Asher’s guts and how we didn’t share a proper relationship if not for our family. I might end up telling them eventually but it was not today.
And well, to control the situation now, I quickly keep a hand on Peter’s shoulder and he immediately stops talking and looks up at me and I point a finger towards Asher and he is shocked seeing him here. He quickly greets him and asks his reason for being here and I butt in and say whatever Asher told me a few minutes ago. Peter nods in understanding and then says shall we leave Alyne? I say yes and attempt to move with him but I’m stopped when a strong hand holds my wrist and says “I’m sorry Peter but I’ll borrow Alyne for sometime and I shall also drop her home later on. You can go ahead. Thank you.”
Not only Peter but I was shocked as well listening to Asher talking so formally and politely. But then Peter looks at me questioningly whether it's all okay? I had to answer him a yes while putting up a forced smile on my face. I also tell him that I shall meet him and Brianna tomorrow an hour before our lectures start at the café near the college, he just says yes and leaves. After Peter left I throw draggers at Asher and ask what was all that about? And I continue to blabber about how him acting weird would have cost me my friends because they did know the reality and son and so forth but I suddenly shut up when I felt hot breaths on my lips and I look up to see Asher’s face very close to me and his lips almost touching mine. And my breath hitched when he said, “Alyne baby if you don’t stop talking now then I’ll shut up in a very sexy way. Do you want that?” I’m too shocked to open my mouth and talk so I just shook my head frantically saying no. He then gives a quick peck on my left cheek and says ‘Good, now let’s go’.

I'm back with a new chapter. Enjoy Reading 💕