Chapter 21

The moment Alex told everyone about the attack, all the warriors along with the Alpha, my dad, Chris, and Asher get ready for the battle that was ahead of us, saving the lives of the people of your pack and protecting them from all the harms is no less than a battle. And Asher quickly orders all the women and the pups to go to the safe house built underneath the packhouse. And he expected that even I would follow them but he was shocked when I went and stood beside him and Chris so that I could listen to their plan. He turns around slightly to have a clear look at me and then he examines my face for a good one minute to check whether I was kidding or serious about joining them in the battle against the rogues. And when he saw that I was damn serious about fighting back along with them, he said, “Alyne I don’t think it’s good for you to join us and we have some of the best warriors of North America in our pack, so why do you need to tag along with us and risk your life?” I was furious listening to this, I would have bitten the shit out of him if he weren’t my mate. He was lucky to be my mate because otherwise, he would have faced some serious consequences for saying that to me. But we did not have time for this so I quickly say “I will act as if I did not hear what you said just now and I will appreciate the fact you all could devise a plan and let me know through the mind link because I quickly head back home to get changed as I won’t be to fight in this gown. So see you all on the southern border.” And I made a run towards my home to get changed.
By the time I reached the southern border, Chris, Asher, Alpha, and my dad had already reached there and were scrutinizing the situation ahead. There were fifteen rogues in total and they dared to capture one of our warriors and kept him chained with silver so that we would comply with their demands. Such a bad move because they did not know what they were signing up for, they have already committed a crime by keeping hostage our warrior and one more mistake and they will call for their own doom. Chris says that he will approach them first along with two warriors by his side and ask the rogues about their motive behind the attack and depending on what they answer we shall plan our next move and everybody seemed to agree to his plan.
Chris along with two warriors went ahead and asked the rogues, “What do you all want? Why are you constantly attacking my pack and my pack members? Who is your leader?” He asked about the leader because usually the rogues who like to attack other packs and start a fight deliberately work under someone’s guidance. The rogues looked at each other before one of them came forward to answer. He was a well-built guy with dark brown hair, a fair complexion, and almond eyes. He clears his throat and says in loud voice, “We work for the King and we are attacking because we been asked to do so. Our King wants something from your pack. He especially asked Alpha Asher to solve the riddle to find out the answers. ‘She is the defender of the universe. She is the one who bears the fire in her, she is the one who I desire because if she becomes my Queen then I’ll be the most powerful when she gives birth to my child.’ King wants Alpha Asher to answer the riddle within the next 48 hours otherwise your pack will have to face some serious consequences.”
Asher was furious listening to this and he was ready to kill all the rogues, but I stepped forward and stopped him from doing so because killing these rogues won’t help solve the real problem, instead, I suggested that we capture them and lock them up in our prisons. Alpha came forward and said, ‘Yes I agree to whatever Alyne is saying, we can lock them up in prison and do some questioning about their king and the riddle that they have asked you to solve.’
Asher couldn’t deny the Alpha and agreed to put the rogues in prison for further investigation. Alex and two other warriors came forward to take the rogues to prison while Alpha asked Asher, Chris, and my dad to meet him in his cabin whereas he told me to go back home and rest. I wanted to disobey the Alpha on this but he said that ‘It was a long day and I would be tired. Thus, I shall go and rest and tomorrow morning I shall go and meet to know about what they discussed during the meeting.’ And I did not have any other option but to obey him because he was still the Alpha of the pack as we did not have Asher’s swearing-in ceremony yet. So, we went different ways, I went back home and the others went to the packhouse.

Sorry for the delay, but I'm back with another update. Hope you all will like it. Thank you. Keep reading💕