Stay Away

The sound of the doorbell echoed in the living room of the Aggarwal bungalow. "Naina puttar.. jaake vekhi kaun aya" (Naina beta, jaake dekhna kaun aya hai), said Gagandeep, who was sitting in his room and knew that Naina was sitting in the haul reading her favourite and the most popular book series in India, Kabhi Toh Nazar Milao

As Naina went closer to the door, a severe feeling of heaviness gripped her heart. With a sigh, she opened the huge gate with both her hands in slow motion. Her whole body was crushed in heaven like arms before she could even comprehend who was standing. This feeling of warmth and ardor is what Naina and Sameer were craving for and felt it after what seemed like an eternity to them. But the only problem was, that the former didn't choose to accept this fact, because of the latter. 

Just for a minute, but for sixty seconds, Naina couldn't do anything except engulfing herself in the soothing tenderness. Her heart, definitely, if not dancing, then roared the moment she realized she was resting in Sameer's arms. She hadn't even seen him once but she knew it was him. She stepped away with a jerk as soon as she came out of her trance. 

Sameer had witnessed the changing emotions in his wife, and all he could do at that time was just stare at her with guilt-filled yet affectionate eyes. Slowly, he got himself drenched in her pooled eyeballs, after drinking in the beautiful sight of hers that he longed to discern since forever. But Naina was quick enough to cover the responsiveness with a thick layer of sternness in her orbs. 

"Sorry" The only word that managed to escape from his mouth in a hefty voice. It seemed he would cry right then had Navjot not come at that time. 

"Sameer Ji! Tusi kado aye?!" (Sameer Ji! Aap kab aye?!) Navoj said before shifting her face to the direction of stairs, and hollered, "Gagan ji, Biji, thalle aa jao.. Sameer ji aa gye ne" (Gagan ji, Biji, neeche aa jao..Sameer ji aa gye hain) Meanwhile Sameer took blessings from Navjot by touching her feet, and did the same with Gagandeep and Biji when they arrived. 

"Jug jug jio, wadhiyan umaran hon.. humesha tandrust rao" (Jug jug jiyo, lambi umar ho.. humesha tandarust raho) Biji showered her blessings with a motherly forehead kiss on him. The guilt in Sameer's heart grew even more as he saw his Naina ji's family showering this much love, and what he did with her? Did he deserve this kind of respect from her family now? 

"Putter tu daseya hi nhi Sameer ji ajj aun wale ne.." (Beta tune btaya hi nhi Sameer ji aaj ane wale hain) Gagandeep asked Naina. "Mainu aap nu nhi pta si daddy" (Mujhe khud ko nhi pta tha daddy) She uttered, eying Sameer with hurtful eyes. 

"Mainu pta si tusi dovein ik duje bina jada der reh nhi sakde" (Mujhe pta tha tum dono ek doosre ke bina zyada der nhi reh sakte) Navjot chriped in. "Sameer ji tusi hun pehla jaake fresh ho jao, fer asi saare dinner karaange..Naina puttar, lai ja Sameer nu tohade kamre ch" (Sameer ji aap pehle jaake fresh ho jao, fir hum saare dinner karenge..Naina beta, leja Sameer ji ko tumahre kamre me), Gagandeep said to them.

Naina was hell anxious now, she didn't want Sameer to stay with her, whole night. But she had no other option, she had to take him upstairs. Sameer couldn't take it anymore, he decided to inform her family about their fight and his mistake-cum-sin right now. 

"Umm..papa ji.. vo mujhe apko kuch btana tha--" his sentence was cut by Naina, "Sameer ji mujhe pta hai apko boht saari baatein karni hongi sabse, par abhi aap pehle fresh ho jao na.. itna travel karke aye ho" She chided him, and before anyone could say more, they were heading upstairs. 

"Dekho Sameer ji.. please don't expect anything from me.. mai kuch nhi bhuli.. aur na hi kabhi bhul paungi.. mai sirf apni family ko dukh me nhi dekh sakti isliye.. I beg you..please unko kuch mat btana.. but please kuch assume bhi mat karna.. mai..mai..mai jitni koshish kar lu apke behaviour ko nhi bhula sakti.. I've started hating you.. mujhe nhi pta tha shaadi ke baad aap aise ho jaoge..apne aisa kyu kiya haan? Kyu?!" The dam broke as they entered the room. Naina sat on the bed with a thud..tears rolling down from her eyes.

Sameer was completely taken a back with a sudden outburst. He had expected this kind of reaction from Naina, but he was never prepared for it. Words couldn't describe how guilty he felt for making his Naina ji cry. He carelessly wiped his own tears and went to her. He wanted comfort her, he was gonna hug her but before that she got up from the bed showing her palm to him. 

"Yeh jhooti humdardi dikhane ki koi zaroorat nhi hai.. mujhe pta hai apko mujhse koi attachment nhi hai.. agar hoti toh hum yaha saathme me khushi khushi ate.. please stay away from me.. " Although these words were said by her, but she couldn't use these words by looking into his orbs directly. He was sure that these words were coming out of a broken soul..not his Naina ji. But this time he had come with full determination, he couldn't just let her go from his life due to his stupidity. He had vowed to bring her back home. Now, he won't loose hope at any cost, he won't let her words or actions affect him. He won't stop trying.

The dinner was full of enthusiasm, every member was delighted except Naina. Initially, Sameer had tried to involve her in conversations, but she had zero interest in talking to him, still she was trying her best to pretend normal. Sensing her discomfort, Sameer stopped it and let her be quite. Although her parents kept on talking to him on different topics.

Now it was the time to sleep. Sameer had asked her parents to accompany them the whole night, and spend some time with them. He did it because he didn't want Naina to get uncomfortable. But to Naina's horror, her family denied it politely saying he needed rest. Sameer was more than happy about it, but he knew that Naina was more than downcast about it. 

They reached the room at an extremely slow pace. Naina straightaway went to the washroom as soon as they entered the room. She just wanted to get hidden in a pit to avoid this situation, and him.

She was taken a back when she saw him sleeping on the sofa beside the bed. She knew he wasn't sleeping, but decided not to say anything. Although she didn't smile, but the tension lines on her forehead did ease out. She went to her bed slept after sometime.

Sameer was awake, absorbing her presence around him. His gaze lingered over every inch of hers. "Naina ji.. boht kuch kehna hai apse.. boht sunna bhi hai..agar mai chahta toh abhi bhi keh sakta tha..par mujhe pta hai aap abhi ready nhi ho mujhe face karne ke liye.. but I promise mai apko manake hi rahunga.. kal se vaise bhi hum pandit ki shaadi me busy ho jaayenge.. and I know aap Preeti ke paas hi rukoge.. but I won't stop you.. I swear apko shaadi hone tak vapas pehle jaisa bana dunga.. please forgive me Naina ji.. I'm sorry.. I'm really very sorry". With this thought, he took a last glace of hers and finally closed his eyes. His actual hard work would start from tomorrow. 

Hi lovelies! Exreme apologies for late update. 

I read this story again, and the italic font kinda annoyed me, so I'm gonna write in the normal one from now on.

Do share your precious reviews about this unedited chapter..

I was badly missing KTNM, so couldn't help adding it's name in the start.😭

If anyone wants some particular action from Sameer towards Naina to apologize her, then please dm me. 

Stay safe and healthy ❣

Adjustments?जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें