MAAHI VE

Sameer drove back to his home, a little relieved at his idea of leaving for India, but he was still much more bothered about the happenings in his life, which was obviously because of him. The most agonizing thing was that he had to wait for two weeks, and he was still not sure if his Naina Ji would come back to his life or not. After the all apologies and requests for more than several times to his parents, he was finally able to seek some guidance, but they were still irate with him. 

The next day was a tough one, as it was the start of the remaining two weeks. Sameer was still reeling with the effect of not receiving the breakfast made by Naina. Only then, he recollected one more ADJUSTMENT done by Naina, that she had started eating bagels and wraps in the breakfast, just to accompany him. 

A sigh escaped from his mouth when he was driving to the office. He could very well imagine his Naina Ji sitting in the front seat, and admiring the outside view with the same enthusiasm when she greeted Canada's nature for the first time. A lone tear rolled out of his eye, as the reality sank in. He harshly wiped it off with the back of his hand and continued driving till he reached the office. Again, he could imagine Naina walking out of the office, alone. His heart rent as he could very well see the loneliness in those innocent eyes of his imagination. Letting out a long chocked exhale, he went in and endeavored to engross himself in the work as much as possible.

It was before when he was frustrated as he wasn't able to do anything, things were getting worse. It was only then he heard some whispers from two male employees near his cabin door. He went closer so he could clearly listen to them.

"Yarr ye Naina nhi aa rhi..chaar din ho gye use gayab huye.." Seemed like it was Vikram talking to another person.

"Pta nhi kab aayegi..jab nhi ati toh sab kuch feeka lagta hai..boht kamaal ki cheez hai..jisse bhi shaadi karegi uski toh life set ho jaayegi.." Sharad let out a long sigh while stretching his arms, with a cheap dreamy expression.

Sameer lashed out stepping out of the door while his blood boiled in extreme anger, "Do you guys have any sense??!! She's my wife dammit.. Aur agar unke baare mein kuch bhi aisa bola na toh I won't even wait for sec to fire you both from the job".

Both Vikram and Sharad looked at each other, then at Sameer, agast by the revelation. They apologized to Sameer, before leaving to spread the news all over. Sameer, after calming down, realized how Naina must have felt working in this environment. He didn't have any idea about these people and their thoughts, but he was ought to ask his wife if she was facing any problem. Then he remembered how he never even asked about her first day in the office, so how could she even think of sharing any problem with him. He was supernumerarily engrossed in himself and his work. His hands itched to do something to himself, he wanted to hit himself, but knew it would make the situation even worse. He sat on the chair with a thud and dropped his head down on the table, placing it over his folded arms. He was actually guilty for what he had done.

While he was having his veggie wrap for the dinner, he again felt a pang of guilt as he recalled how he barely came home to have his dinner. He usually stayed outside for dinner and then used come back. How she must have felt at that time, eating alone, but still hoping that he would come. He didn't finish his dinner, as he was full with regret and guilt. 

JALANDHAR, PUNJAB, INDIA

Naina was sitting on the chair at her terrace, with Preeti, whose marriage was to be held after three weeks. She was chirpy as always. They were having a quality time after so long, that's what Preeti felt at the moment. Naina hadn't told anyone the actual reason for coming alone. Sameer had to wrap up his office work before coming, so he asked her to go before as she must be missing everyone, is what Naina narrated to everyone.

"Oye Naina, mujhe yeh toh bta Canada kaisa laga? Jijaji toh tera boht dhyaan rakhte honge na tera.. haina?", Preeti exclaimed.

"Ha..haan..Sameer ji boht dhyaan rakhte hain mera.. tabhi toh mujhe pehle yaha bhej diya..taaki mai tum sabke saath aur time bita paaun." she replied in an agony filled voice, coming out of her trance. But thankfully, Preeti didn't notice the pain in her voice.

"Yeh kya Sameer ji Sameer ji laga rakha hai? Tum log abhi bhi ek doosre ko ji ji karke bulate ho kya?" Preeti asked her in an astonished tone, while scrunching her nose.

"Haan..usme kya hai..tu nhi bulati kya..hum ek doosre ko respect dete hain." She defended herself.

"Behn respect dene ka matlab ji ji karna nhi hota.. ek doosre ko pyaar dena, uski har baat me izzat karna hota hai..par vo toh tum log karte hi ho..to koi nhi.. vaise bhi agar Raghav mein jijaji ka 50% bhi hua toh mujhe chalega hi nhi, daudega." Preet smiled at her.

Only Naina knew how she controlled her tears from escaping out of her eyes, while covering up with a wide smile.

"Naina!! Chal gaane sunte hain woofer pe lagake..full volume par..theek hai?" Preeti asked Naina enthusiastically. 

Naina new what was coming, Preeti was fond of Neha kakkar, so she was definitely gonna put her songs. Naina hummed in response, thinking that her mind might get diverted for sometime. But it changed the fast winds into a strong storm inside her heart, as the song started playing. She had heard it several times but it was now that she could distinctively understand each and every word from the core.

"Tujhe chaaha, rab se bhi zyada,                                                                                                                               Fir bhi na tujhe pa sake

Rahe tere, dil me magar,                                                                                                                                          Teri  dhadkan tak na jaa sake

Jud ke bhi tuti rahe ishqe di door ve,                                                                                                                      Kisko sunaye jaake tute dil ka shore ve.......

Maahi ve, mohabbatan sachiyan ne                                                                                                                        Mangda naseeban kuch hor ai..........."

"Gaana change kar Preeti..yeh kaisa gaana laga rakha hai.." Her voice was visibly irritated.

"Chid kyu rhi hai? Aram se bol na agar change karna hai toh..dekh mujhe lagta hai tujhe abhi bhi thakaan hai..tu rest kar..mai bhi ghar jaati hun..abhi tak saare functions ke kapde nhi liye hain..tu soja araam se..kal milte hain.." she bid her a sweet bye as they hugged each other while Naina mouthed a sorry to her.

Naina ran to the washroom after Preeti left.

Hello!! how was it??

Sorry as the update was shorter today..Vaise btadu ki reunion itni jaldi nhi karne wali mai!😝

Drop your reviews for this unedited chapter..

Stay safe and healthy❣.