I'M SORRY

Every pore of nature was chilled out as the cool breeze picked up the forenoon, causing the heat system in Aggarwal bungalow to work nonstop. Naina was comfortably yet agitatedly sleeping on the left side of her queen sized bed, when her alarm buzzed to remind that it was 8:00 am already. She lazily rubbed her eyes with the back of her hands, and took her own time to comprehend her surroundings. She slowly registered everything and then with a jerk, her eyes drifted to the direction of the nearby sofa, where Sameer had slept last night. There was no one now. Maybe he had woken up and was downstairs already. 

She got up and sat on the bed, ready to do her first chore of the day, and that was checking her phone. She checked everything and the last thing left was checking her Whatsapp messages. She tapped on the Whatsapp icon, and the name written on the top was 'Sameer'. She sighed. With sedate fingers, she opened up the chat only to see a huge text written by him, for her. She decided to read it.

Good morning Naina ji! I know aap soch rhe hoge ki mai kaha hu.. but usse pehle mera apse ache se apologize karna boht zaroori hai. Please, please apna phone band mat karna.. bas ek baar yeh padh lo.. please Naina ji, apko meri kasam.

Samajh nhi aa rha kaha se shuru karu, galtiyan hi itni ki hain maine. Promises se pehle a big, no, a colossal amount of apology from my side.. I'm really sorry Naina ji.. really very sorry.. mai boht boht bada wala duffer hu.. maine apke saath itna kuch kiya.. am really sorry Naina ji.. dil se sorry.. I promise mai apko kabhi dukh nhi doonga.. ek baar..bas ek baar mujhe doosra chance dedo.. please Naina ji.. mai apko koi shikayat ka mauka nhi doonga.. kabhi apko ignore nhi karunga..hum boht ache se rahenge..you won't have to ADJUST anymore.. mai sacchi apko ek acha wala husband banke dikhaunga.. mujhe pta hai yeh chota sa message apka dukh 5% bhi kam nhi kar sakta.. par Naina ji..please wapas aa jao.. mai nhi reh sakta apke bina.. i can't live without your presence.. aap nhi the toh jaan chali gyi thi meri.. I was missing your fragrance, your musical voice, your innocent eyes, your charming smile, your cuteness, and most importantly your heart. I'm really sorry Naina ji.. please come back..please.. i can't live without you! I just can't.. come back.. please.. I'm sorry.. I'm extremely sorry. 

A lone tear escaped from her eye that was wiped out instantly. "Tohanu ki lagda ae Sameer ji.. tusi galti karo, usnu realize na karo, te jado pta lagge ke mai tohade naal nhi haan, ta tohanu yaad aa jaave ke tusi kuj kita si, mera dil dukhaya si?" (Apko kya lagta hai Sameer ji, aap galti karo, usko realize na karo, aur jab pta lage ki mai aapke saath nhi hu, to apko yaad aa jaaye apne kuch kiya bhi that, mera dil dukhaya tha?), she thought to herself and left for shower. 

Within half an hour, Naina was downstairs. She took her seat to have breakfast, while others wished her a sweet good morning, including Sameer. She smartly ignored him, and went on to have her breakfast. 

"Mummy ji, papa ji, biji, vo mujhe aap sabko btana tha ki Pandit ne mujhe apne ghar bula liya hai..aaj hi.. ab usse dosti hi itni pakki wali hai ki usne meri ek nhi suni.. aap aisa samajh lo ki usne mujhe order diya hai vaha shift hone ko jab tak shaadi nhi hoti.. toh mai abhi breakfast ke baad hi nikal jaunga.. Naina ji agar ana chaahe toh mere saath aa sakte hain.." Sameer talked simontaneously looking at everyone, and his gaze stopped at Naina with an indirect question that she very well understood.

"Haan puttar.. tusi dovein chale jaana ajj" (Haan beta.. aap dono chale jana aaj), biji said to them.

"Umm.. Biji.. oh.. mainu vi Preeti nhi bulaya si rehn vaaste.. hun mai ohnu vi ta mana nhi kar sakdi na.. " (Umm.. Biji.. vo.. mujhe bhi Preeti nhi bulaya tha rehne ke liye.. ab mai usko bhi mana toh nhi kar sakti na..), Naina said, a bit anxious whether biji would let her go or not. 

"Koi nhi puttar.. tu chali jaa Preeti kol" (Koi baat nhi beta.. tu chali jaa Preeti ke paas), said Gagandeep, smiling at Naina.

"Tusi dovein fer ek duje toh alag ravoge? Huni ta Sameer ji aye ne" (Tum dono fir ek doosre se alag rahoge? Abhi hi toh Sameer ji aye hain), Navjot voiced her thoughts in a concerened tone.

"H..hanji.. mainu koi problem nhi hai" (H..haan..mujhe koi problem nhi hai), Naina stressed the word 'nhi', eying Sameer, or we can say, glaring Sameer.

"Toh theek hai fir.. mujhe toh Pandit lene aa rha hai.. mai ready hone jaata hu" with this Sameer got up and headed towards their room, obviously not wanting to show his disappointment to anyone. 

"I'm Sorry".. the two words the Sameer could utter when Naina entered the room. Tears made their way in through his eyes as he looked at her. He wiped them quickly before bringing a medium sized cake infront of her.  

Naina looked at the cake, atonished. I was visibly chocolatey in flavour, and looked like a home made cake. "I'M SORRY".. these letters were written on it with white coloured icing. And then she looked up at the tall figure in front of her. He was genuinly guilty about what he had done, but it couldn't lessen the pain in Naina's heart. 

She took the cake from him, and simply kept it nearby.. indicating that it didn't matter to her. She was still upset, and she had this right. 

Hello beautiful people!! A humble request from my side.. please give a glance to the book "My Dexterity" that has my sketches, paintings and henna designs. Please do check it out.. I'm barely getting any response there!

Hope you all are satisfied with what I'm writing..

Stay safe and healthy ❣