15 || ghost town.

((i just wanted to start off by saying, HOLY COW. the amount of love this story has been getting recently is blowing my mind. now, this is the finale of the story, so buckle up because i've spent a lot of work on this last chapter. i'm also planning on coming out with a dnf story soon. my next works will hopefully be quite a bit better, i started this one off in august some time, not taking it as seriously, nor planning out any of it. however, with all the support it's gotten, i feel that i can come out with something even better you all will love. the story will be out soon after this one is finished, so look out for it! without further a do, enjoy the finale.))

tw // blood, anxiety, death.

every corner i turned, i could hear his yelling ring louder and louder in my ears. he was calling for me, he needed me and i couldn't seem to reach him fast enough. i raced through each tall brick building, dark shadows looming over my path, making it hard to see. the rushing in my ears and pure fear that stroked through my chest kept me dizzy, my legs not keeping up as fast as i wanted them to be as i struggled to get to him.

my throat burned with the taste of blood, the cold air feeling like sharp knives in my lungs that threatened to drag me to the floor. however, i kept running because i knew that clay needed me; and if i didn't get there soon enough, i would lose the only person i cared most about.

the way his mouth tilted slightly when he gave his signature lop-sided grin. the way his freckled nose scrunched whenever i teased him, or the way he would tap his feet on the ground unconsciously when he would be overly focused on his football games. it was all so soon, i never got to do what i wanted to do. i missed every opportunity, wasted every chance i could've had with him to make the most out of our lives; it was way too soon. we haven't had our first date, we haven't stayed up till midnight together, playing minecraft and laughing our hearts out to rom-coms while curled up close, possessing the touch that i so longed to have right now.

the screaming was cut off, and i nearly stopped and curled up in the middle of the dusty alleyway right then and there, but no, i knew i had to get to him. just around this wall..

i turned the corner, coming to an abrupt stop. my legs wobbled, dizziness screwing with my vision as i braced my eyes for what might lay before me. as soon as my eyes cleared, i could see the figure sprawled across the floor, the lime green sweatshirt tattered with mud and blood-stains. and standing above it, was the person i fear the most, holding a long, fearfully sharp dagger.

no..

i wanted to race forward, to cradle him and search him for his pulse, listen to his breaths; however my legs wouldn't move. all i could do was stand and watch as mike edged closer, dragging a cloth across his bloodied blade, and giving me a malicious grin that sent shivers down my spine. "he's dead."

and with that i woke with a start, laying in a pool of my own sweat, in not my own bed, but clay's. my body shook as a choked sob left my throat, i tried to steady my breath. it was just a dream, just a dream. however clay was still out there, still somewhere, still hasn't returned to me, still hasn't texted me back. i clutched a shirt of his in my hands; a dark grey shirt that i had grabbed out of his closet that smelled of the sweet vanilla he always smelled like. i slept with it last night just to feel him still close to me, just for that small sense of comfort that i had left.

i reached for my phone, scrolling through the notifications. nothing from clay, just many texts from george, darryl, and nick asking if i had found out anything. the night i got his messages, i had called the police to search for him. they hadn't seemed to be doing much though, so i don't know what help that was. what hurt me most, was that i couldn't do anything. i didn't know anything, where he was, if he's safe.. all i could do was just wait.