5 || dancing in the rain.

darkness. everything was dark. where am i? i looked around me, but was unable to move. everything was dark. i began to feel rising panic build up in my chest, i felt trapped. i tried to scream for help, but no words came out. suddenly, i felt someone grasp my arm. it hurt, so bad, however i still couldn't move, or say anything. all i felt was pain, and i couldn't escape.

*buzz*

my phone alarm went off beside me, startling me awake. i could actually breathe and move again. i sat and stared at the ceiling, then looked around. i was in a room? oh right! it's my new room. last thing i could remember was lion king with someone. with clay. shoot! did he have to carry me to my room when i fell asleep?  my face felt hot with embarrassment at the thought. i'm so heavy oh no. i pulled myself out of bed reluctantly, i had to go shopping for myself today. it seemed abnormally dark for being 9 am. i checked out my big window, and saw heavy gray clouds hanging over us. it was probably going to be a stormy day.

i loved rain, always made me feel at peace with the world. it wasn't so blindingly bright, but it also wasn't dark. it was a perfect, peaceful gray, water pattering the windows along with it. i thought about my dream. i guess i shouldn't call it a dream, it seemed more like a nightmare. the arm that grabbed me scared me. i still felt shook up, and gently touched my arm where i was grabbed in my nightmare. i took a deep breath and decided to get on with my day. i was probably overthinking it, i needed to get moving and grab something to eat.

i tiptoed out my room, trying to be as quiet as possible in case clay was still asleep, however as soon as i stepped into the kitchen i was struck with the fragrant, cozy smell of bacon. there he was, his back turned to me over the stove, humming while he stirred together bacon and eggs. i sat there for a moment, smiling. he was so adorable. wait, what? i shook my head and cleared my throat, "AYE!" i yelled, walking out, up to the counter. he jumped, and turned to me, "y/n you're awakee!!" he laughed, turning off the stove and carrying the pan to the counter. "i made food, i hope you like bacon and eggs." he told me, ignoring the fact that i just made him startle. "of course i do, oh my gosh." i breathed in the smell of the breakfast, reaching for a clean plate. "yo clay," i paused, looking up at him, "did i fall asleep last night during the movie?" he chuckled, and smirked at me with a nod. "and you said you loveeeedd the lion king." he teased, sitting down next to me with a plate. i rolled my eyes at him, stuffing a forkful of breakfast into my mouth. "i do!" i argued, punching his arm. he chuckled, punching my arm back, it was such a gentle, playful punch, however i gasped and flinched. i immediately was brought back to my nightmare, the cold, harsh grasping of my arm, me being unable to scream or move.

clay's pov:

i laughed, playfully punching y/n back. though, she flinched harshly, fear striking through face. oh god, i hurt her! i could be such a clutz. i need to be more careful, i can't believe i just hurt her. "hey.." i said softly, with a worried look. she looked frozen, it was scary. i didn't ever want to do that to her, i couldn't believe myself. "y/n i'm so so sorry, is it okay? oh my gosh i'm so sorry." i stared at her. she blinked and shook her head, as though she just came back to reality. "what? oh.. no clay i'm sorry you didn't hurt me i uh.." her voice was shaky. did something happen? trauma? i didn't understand it. "i had a bad dream last night that's all, i'm just a bit touchy, haha." she shrugged, casually taking another bite of food. "are you sure you're okay?" i looked at her. i didn't want to be inviting people to live with me, and beating them up the day after they settle in.

y/n's pov:

i felt horrible. he sat there taking slow bites of his breakfast, eyeing me to check if i was still okay. i didn't mean for that to happen, i don't understand how it happened. it was literally just a touch on my arm and i was sent back to the memories of my nightmare. i sighed, i wasn't hungry anymore. i stood up and put my plate in the sink, by now, rain was sprinkling lightly on the windows. i smiled, i hoped it would pour. "hey clay," i called with my back turned from him, looking out the window. "i'm going to head to the store today, do you need anything?" i could hear him put his plate into the sink behind me, "no i think i'm good. but be careful out there, it's probably going to start raining soon." i smiled. he was so sweet.. i turned around and  headed to my room to change, "alright i will." i headed to my room, slipping on dark sweatpants and a dark green crewneck, grabbed my keys, and headed out.