11 || him.

12:01 am.

the moment we broke apart, the electricity was replaced with a deep warmth, seeping through my cheeks. i stared into clay's green eyes, my breath completely taken away. he stared back at me, a gorgeous smile appearing over his lips. i let out a gentle breath, as he leaned forward, tracing his hand over my cheek. i froze a little at his touch-- i had to get used to it all over again since mike. clay noticed me tensing slightly, and he dropped his hand into mine with a squeeze, "i will never hurt you." he mumbled, gazing into my eyes with reassurance.

i felt completely starstruck, did that really just happen? i just kissed clay, i kissed dream. the guy i had been living with for almost 6 months now, the guy i bumped into at a coffee shop, the guy who invited me to live with him shortly after. comforted me through hard times, laughed with me through good times..

why have i never realized that it was clay all along?

i scooted closer to him, a comforting blanket of trust layering over me. i leaned my forehead into his chest, a relieved sounding chuckle coming from my mouth. a breathy laugh came through his nose as he wrapped an arm around me, surrounding me with the warmth of his fleece jacket.

the comfort and warmth almost overwhelmed me with a new sense of tiredness, causing me to lean back safely from the edge of the roof, still clutching clay's chest. i closed my eyes, not expecting sleep to engulf me, however i was soon drifting to the solace, dreamy thoughts that buzzed through my tired head.

after a while, i was started into a half-wake trance, hearing a soft, rumbling hum close to my ears, feeling arms lift me from both sides of me. i mumbled in annoyance from being woken by such a nice sleep, but didn't dare try to open my heavy, tired eyes.

the rest of that night was just a blur, the last i could remember was being placed back into the comforting warmth of my sheets, and glancing up to see a figure smiling down at me before drifting off. i woke up the next morning, very early. early for me anyway, 8 am. i stepped out of bed, the feeling of butterflies immediately returning to my stomach as everything from last night came back to me. a goofy smile plastered across my tired face as i combed out my hair, staring at myself in the mirror. i felt happy.

i tiptoed out of my room, half expecting to see clay awake by now, but not disappointed when i saw that he wasn't; this was my perfect chance to make him breakfast after all the mornings he's welcomed me with his own meals.  i shuffled through the fridge, pulling out eggs for a pancake mix when i heard shifting at the door. i whipped my head around, frozen in place as i stared at the doorknob, rattling ever so slightly. panic peirced down my spine as i quickly set down the eggs, reaching for my phone to clutch in my hand. i peered at the door, "who is it?" i called softly, loud enough to be heard, but not loud enough to wake clay.

the response was vague, but horrifying.

all that was heard was a mumble, the trace of a familiar voice drifting off, threatening to turn my legs to jelly. i stepped slowly towards the door, not daring to open it, and called, louder than i wanted to. "mike, i swear to god i am dialing the cops right now.. how.." i stared at my phone, obviously bluffing. i opened my mouth to question, but no words came out. by now, my hands were shaking terribly-- i never expected him to show up, how did he find this place?

"open up y/n," a voice cooed from the other side of the door, "i want to see you darling."

a/n ;

thank you so much for over 500 reads! i know this is a short chapter, but i wanted to leave it off at sort of a cliff hanger. the next part will be up soon!