1 || coffee.

Sleeping is hard when you're an over thinker. Your mind is constantly running, the imagination an endless void of stress and angst that you are making up within your own head. What you could've said in this situation, what those people thought about you the other day, how dumb you seem whenever you open your mouth. The mind can be a terrible place.

I blinked at the ceiling, rubbing my eyes in frustration, lack of sleep can really make a person aggressive. I dropped my hand to my side, leaning over the side of my bed to glance at the clock.

5:15 am.

I couldn't fall asleep, every time I closed my eyes, my mind would start racing and I'd end up tossing and turning as though being restless was my only distraction from the thoughts. I let out a dramatic sigh and cracked my knuckles, grabbing my phone and turning off my music. I'd had   resorted to blasting my favorite playlist in my earbuds while staring up at the ceiling all night long.

Everything had recently gotten so stressful. I was only a small streamer, but even that had become stressful. I couldn't image how difficult it was for larger content creators to keep up with their Twitter feeds. Even a small creator like myself had to keep up because if I didn't, people would wonder what had happened to me.

I buried my head into my arms with a groan. When am I going to get a full night's sleep?  I sluggishly got out of bed and decided to get up and do something. Getting out and enjoying the crisp morning air sounded more enjoyable than laying in my bed any longer, hoping to find sleep.  The fresh air in the morning was wonderful, the rising light casting an orange glow across the city which I could see through my window.

I wore a huge sweater over my tank top, slipping on some comfortable pants, and tossed my hair back into a bun to keep it out of my face. I pulled on my sneakers and made my way out the door.

I need to go get some caffeine in my system. I decided that driving would be more convenient than walking, so I grabbed my keys and headed towards the car, taking it for a drive.

I strolled into the coffee shop with my small purse in hand. At this time, the small shop was bustling with activity, the line fairly long. As I walked to the end, I sighed, rubbing my bleary eyes. The lack of sleep really had me irritable; you'd think I'd just be used to it by now.

Bump.

"Oh!" I exclaimed, colliding with a man in front of me. I looked up, hearing a soft snicker. This individual was quite tall. Lovely. His dark-blonde hair fluffed up over his eyes, his delicate features blanketed in light freckles. The embarrassment had me immediately spluttering an apology.

"Hey, it's okay," He took a step back, raising an eyebrow with amusement, "Good thing I wasn't holding my coffee though, I would've had to just sue you." The man joked with a smirk.

I could feel my face grow hot. "I'm sorry! I.. wasn't paying attention." I laughed nervously, I visibly ashamed as I struggled to find words. At this point, I was tempted to just excuse myself from the situation and hide in my car, however there was something about this guy that made me feel a little better. Maybe it was the charming, pleasant grin that spread across his face, or the way his soft, green eyes just peered down at me.

I stood there dumbfounded as he took his coffee from the girl behind the counter, and after a minute of staring at him, I let out a breathy laugh and shook my head. In response, the guy just laughed softly.

"See you around?" He asked with a broad grin on his face as he took a step towards the door. I gave him a brief nod, and as I watched him leave, I couldn't help but notice how familiar his voice sounded.