6 || apple.

(tysm for 50 reads! story's only gonna get better from here...)

it's been a month since i moved in. everything was going so smoothly, i had gotten a cute little computer for online classes as well as my streaming. i was hoping to get a better setup in the future, but for now my main focus was school, and saving my money. summer went by so quickly it felt like. now we've moved on to sweats and socks, hot cider and pumpkin muffins. me and clay have gotten pretty close, we loved playing minecraft and just laying around eating or whatever.

it was the middle of october, pretty chilly but some days hot. typical florida. though i was  basically an adult, i still dressed up for halloween. i don't care if people say they're "too old," i'll never be too old to put on a whole costume, except i hadn't got a clue what to be this year.

it was currently pretty late, but i knew clay would still be awake. he stays up at the weirdest times streaming, it was just last night that he stayed up until 4 am screaming his head off with his friends. it was good for him, but incredibly unhealthy at the same time; we both knew that he was a people-person, he seemed so irritable when none of his friends would respond to him, so he would either bug me to play with him, or go to sleep. the unhealthy part was the fact that he got so little sleep of course. i walked out of my room, "AYO," i yelled down the hall, walking out into the kitchen and grabbed a juice from the fridge. there was no reply. "ohhh dreaammm!" i bellowed teasingly. where was that man? i walked up to his door and knocked-- still no response. it was cracked open; i peaked in and he wasn't there, "clay?" i murmured and backed away.

"BOO!" i heard a screech and swung around, i swear i was gonna have a heart attack. "clay!!" i charged at him, he turned and ran. i grabbed the nearest object, an apple off the counter and chucked it at him. "HEY!" he frowned at me, and turned from running from me, to chasing after me. "THAT WAS AN APPLE" he was so much quicker than me, charging for my legs. i yelped as he swung me off the ground, over his shoulder. "aye! i'm supposed to be attacking you, you crazy!" i argued, swinging my arms at his back as i hung over him.

he threw me on the couch and flopped down to the floor next to me; we were both laughing hysterically. i coughed a few times, clay still making soft tea kettle noises on the floor beside me. i reached over him and grabbed the apple that i threw, as it still laid on the ground. "what are you doing awake at 2 am scaring me anyways?" i asked calmly, bouncing the apple around in my hands as i slid down next to him on the floor. "i don't know, none of my friends are awake and i can't sleep anyways so," he rolled over onto his stomach, eyeing the apple i was tossing back and forth, "i'm never eating that, as bruised as it is now." he stuck a finger at it with a disgusted look, and rolled back over with a sigh.

i snorted and chucked it in the trash. "well i was trying to find you to ask about halloween. what should i dress up as?" i poked his arm. "aww, you still dress up for halloween?" he made a pouty face at me and let out a wheeze. "dude shut up, of course i do." i stared back with a frown. "i'm kidding, i dressed up as patches last year, and she dressed up as me." i nodded slowly, on the verge of tears from trying to hold back my laughter. "that's pathetic." he rolled his eyes and sat up, leaning up against the couch like me. "well fine, we should be pandas!" he suggested in an adorable voice. "aww you wanna be a wittle panda?" i teased as i stood up. he grunted at me and stood up as well. "fine i'm not gonna dress up as ANYTHING." he threatened jokingly, heading to the kitchen for a water. "no please, i'll be a panda with you!" i fake begged, leaning over the counter with pleading eyes. he turned to me with a charming look, and smiled. "good."

(halloween night.)

i bounced around humming, it was one of my favorite days of the year. i fiddled with shoestrings of my black boots; i wore them along with a black, tight dress and some white socks, along with panda ears and makeup of course. my figure fit this dress well, i felt confident. i was so excited too, clay was going to be wearing his black jeans and long sleeve, with the panda makeup i painted out on his face. it was going to be a blast, we got invited to a "halloween bash" just a few doors down from our apartment. apparently these people were the party people, basically inviting everyone in the whole complex. they were friends of clay, or maybe more like acquaintances; but we wanted to go, i've never been to a halloween party like that, it was thrilling.