9 || christmas.

it was christmas eve, george and nick were both still here. i was glad they were, i really enjoyed their company. the days were colder, going by very slowly. i always was in my bed nowadays, not feeling much energy to get up. i was so grateful when george decided to give my room back to me, it was so sweet of him. i wasn't even quite as sad anymore, just drained. clay brought me food every single morning. it was sweet. with christmas tomorrow, i knew i had to be my happiest self i could be. a few days before, i went out and got presents for each of them.

nick, i got a 3-foot bag of potato chips, i got george a new mouse and some candy, and clay, i got a personalized dream cat costume for patches, as well as a candle that was his favorite scent out of the ones i had in my bedroom. they all sat wrapped in the back of my closet, i was trying to make them think i got them nothing. right now, i was rolled up in the thickest, fuzziest, comfiest blanket possible, with shorts, a cropped tank top, and socks on underneath it all. florida never got really cold, except 67 degrees was enough to have me shivering. i sat lazily on my phone, occasionally reaching for the bag of doritos i had sitting a foot away from me on my bedside table. i could hear george and clay screaming at something on tv from the living room, nick clinging pans together in the kitchen.

i should probably get up. i hadn't had much effort to do really anything since the incident. i just enjoyed watching videos, napping, eating, whatever. i sighed, i had to get myself up, it was unhealthy and rude of me to be hiding myself in my room christmas eve.  i stumbled off my bed, wrapping my blanket around me as i headed to the door. i stopped to brush out my hair in the mirror, wanted to make myself look at least a bit less ratchet.

i took a deep breath, and stepped out of my room. nick turned his head from where he was at in the kitchen, and shouted to me, "AYE THERE SHE ISS!" he waved his hand for me to walk over, obviously wanting to show me something. clay and george both looked over from the kitchen, their faces lightening at the sight of me. clay jumped up and raced over, sliding across the floor in his socks. he pulled me into a swift, tight hug-- he's been hugging me more often lately, probably because he knew i needed it. i liked it. i hugged him back, closing my eyes for a second and then turning to nick, "what are you making dude?" i yawned, leaning over to see what was in the pot he was standing over proudly.

"eggnog!" he responded, holding up the pot. my face wrinkled up at the sound of that. i had never really tried it, however it sounded disgusting. nick disregarded the look on my face, pulling glasses out of the cupboard. i looked over to clay, my eyebrows raised. he shrugged, "he's been working on it for the past half hour." i laughed, watching nick pour four individual glasses of eggnog. i pulled one of the glasses closer to me, taking a sniff. he shot me a delighted look, sticking a christmas straw in my drink, "try it!" he sounded so wholesome right now, it was funny how excited he got over cooking things. george stood up from the couch, pausing the tv. "ew nick what is that?" he said-- he must not have seen much of eggnog where he lives. nick just pushed a glass over, taking a sip of his own, "it's eggnog george, i made eggnog." he repeated impatiently. george took a sip with a frown, "it doesn't taste bad but not good." he shrugged, heading back to the couch with it.

"guys can we watch the grinch that stole christmas?" george said, hopping onto the couch with crossed legs. i could hear the guys cheer in agreement, but i was too busy staring at my drink. i stared at the cinnamon swirling around on top as though in a fantasy, i was too busy zoning out that i hadn't even noticed all the guys staring back at me from the couch. i shook my head, pulling myself back to reality and looking up with a smile, taking a sip of my drink and humming in approval. nick and george turned back to the tv, clay watching me with the slightest bit of concern in his eyes that i knew he was trying to hide behind a smile. i headed towards the couch to thump down next to him, mouthing, i'm fine. he responded with a slight smile, scooting over so i could have more room.