4 || shirts.

9:52 PM

its been a few hours since i had arrived here. clay did a great job at showing me around, and eventually my nerves had calmed down. i've already settled pretty well in my room, it was one of the extra rooms clay had in his apartment, just down the hall from his room. the apartment itself was pretty large, a really nice kitchen with a living room connected to it, a glass door leading to a balcony, and a hallway with three rooms, two bathrooms. the third room, clay had just saved for any guests, he also stored boxes and random stuff in there as well.

i stood up from my little gray bean bag that i had bought for my new room, and yawned. i guess i should change into something comfier than this, i thought. i pulled open my dresser drawers, but all i had was a ton of hoodies, a few tank tops, and a really small t-shirt that wouldn't be comfortable enough. i sighed in disappointment, all the big comfortable shirts i owned had belonged to my brother. he always visited my apartment back where i used to live, staying for a week to check in with me. and each time he accidentally left at least two t-shirts. on the drive here, i dropped off all of his clothes for him because i didn't want to take them with me to the new apartment, but now, i had nothing comfortable to wear to sleep.

i peaked out my doorway to see where clay might be. i didn't want to go steal his clothes, but i also felt awkward asking. i called his name anyways, "hey clay?" i shouted from my room. "yeah?" i heard him call back. he was in the kitchen cooking something, i didn't know what. "stupid question, but can i borrow a shirt of yours for tonight? i need to go shopping tomorrow, if not i can just wear something of mine." i laughed. "oh yeah sure! here.." he yelled, his voice softening as he neared my room. he nodded for me to follow, and led me to his room. "hm.." he pulled out a few things from his dresser. "i've got these three that are the most comfiest." he laughed, holding up a white, dream smile shirt, a huge grey nike shirt, and a green shirt. i of course picked the white one, it wasn't too huge, but it was big enough to the point where it'd be incredibly comfortable to sleep in. "thank you so much!" i thanked him politely as i turned to go change.

i headed back to my room, changing into the shirt as well as some black shorts, and white socks. i didn't wear socks to bed of course, except i liked to wear them around the apartment with the cold hardwood floors. plus, it was fun to slide around in them. i quietly walked out of my room into the kitchen, there were just random cartoons playing in the background on the tv, but clay wasn't watching. instead, he was in the kitchen doing something.. "dude what are you making you've been in here for the past 20 minutes." i said, walking up punching his arm. "aye," he frowned at me, "i'm trying to make fancy popcorn." he responded subtly, turning back to the stove. "are you just not going to explain what that is?" i laughed, leaning over the counter to try and get a look at what it was. "i make it all the time, perfect movie snack. basically you just get popcorn, add extra salt, and drizzle it with chocolate." he responded with a sly smile. i fake gagged, "okay that actually sounds disgusting." he spun around with a hot pan full of popcorn, and reached for a bowl from the cabinet. "have you not heard of the salty sweet rule?" he argued. "well no, but whatever that is i don't think it's gonna be very good." i answered, tapping my nails on the counter. "well i can change your mind then." he handed me an entire bowl without question, and tilted his head, motioning towards the living room. "movie?" he said, shoving a mouthful of popcorn into his mouth. "sure.." i said, inspecting the bowl of popcorn he had handed me.

he led the way to the living room, and we both plopped down on his couch. patches, his cat, hopped up with us, and settled down right beside me. it was so adorable, i loved cats. clay put on the lion king, my all time favorite movie. i bounced when i saw what it was that he turned on, "I LOVE THIS MOVIE!" i squealed, and not paying attention, shoved a whole handful of popcorn into my mouth.