Guardians 12: Enlightened

Nagising na lamang ako kinabukasan sa aking silid at wala akong naabutan kung ‘di si Merlia lang. Iba na rin ang aking suot and I know that it was Merlia who changed my clothes. Ng maalala ko naman ang nangyari kahapon ay tila gusto ko na namang maiyak. Those scenes are just heartbreaking and who knows when I will see them again? The supreme guardians are gone and I don’t know how will I tell this to them—to everyone, especially, that I am still vulnerable because of what happened.

But what Aslan and Tati said…

Supreme guardians are eight, but Aslan asked me before to look for someone’s sword—another supreme guardian who already died and they couldn’t revive. Aside from the realm’s goddess. But Ajax told me something too… Cersei… they are both confusing me but I suddenly remembered the image that was engraved above the cave’s wall. It looks like a lady—pero hindi naman ‘yon masasagot ang mga katanungan ko.

And there’s Tati who’s pregnant…

“Lara…”

Napakurap-kurap naman ako ng marinig ko ang boses ni Lia and I just realized that I am still in my bed—sitting and lost with my thoughts. I look at her before looking at the wall clock and saw that it’s already nine-thirty in the morning. Hindi ko man lang naisip ang anak ko kung na saan kaya naman bumuntong-hininga ako bago tiningnan si Lia na mukhang normal na imortal ngayon. Her wings are hidden but her fairy dress was still on, making her still look like a pixie princess.

“Hey…” I smiled at her weakly and upon looking at her expression, I know that she already know what happened.

Tumabi naman siya sa akin ng upo habang nanatiling naka-harap sa akin. Then she hold my right hand before speaking, “I know what happened and I know what you are feeling right now… but I want you to know that they must vanish sooner, otherwise they will become your enemy. That would be more heartbreaking…” she said and her voice was soft and it was comforting me, so does her warm hand.

“Why would they become my enemy if ever they didn’t vanish sooner?” I asked curiously.

She sighed, “The poison that Aslan was talking about… it was a curse wherein their power will be a mess—everything about them will be messy. Nagawa nilang labanan ang sumpa na ‘yon ngunit hindi nila nagawang maalis kaya pinahihirapan pa rin sila. They are not what you think they are, my lady… the thing that you know about them—the thing that everyone knows about them is nothing but all lies. Not just them but this realm is a field with lies made by someone who wants to own this realm… and the reason why the primordial beings can’t be seen outside their domain…” hindi ko naman mapigilang mapanganga dahil sa huli niyang winika. “I can’t tell you everything, my lady, but that’s the reason why primordial beings are staying hidden and only the fairies, pixies, and the sentinels who took the risks to live outside our domain…

“But I don’t want you to focus on us, my lady. There are things that you have to prioritize first before that,” she smiled at me. “I know that Aslan and Ajax have been confusing you, especially, when you saw the Guardians’ Haven…” nanatili naman akong nakikinig sa kaniya habang siya ay nagsasalita. “The supreme guardians wanted to tell you everything but they couldn’t, and the thing that they only can do is confuse you with clues. But since I am not cursed just like them, they asked me to tell this to you before they vanished…” huminga muna siya ng malalim bago nagpatuloy. “Supreme guardians are originally eight, and the another dragon that you saw in that cave’s wall beside Ajax, she is Cersei,” napakunot ang aking nuo at mayroong katanungan sa aking isipan.

“Please enlighten me. Aslan told me that it was he, not she. So, who is she? Who’s Cersei? Who’s the eighth supreme guardian?” Sunod-sunod kong tanong and it was obvious that I am so eager to know.